• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    So, I dusted off my Nintendo Wii the other day because my 5 year old was having a sleep over with all of his cousins and they wanted to play Mario Cart...Today I hooked it up to my TV for the first time in a LONG time to get updates for it and Xander got all excited.

After I got tired of playing/watching Xander play, I asked him if he wanted me to set it up in his room. He told me I'm the "best Dad ever..." He has been kicking ass and taking names at the boxing game and the only time I've seen him is when he wants to brag to me that he "punched the guy down."

It's now after 9 and I'm still trying to muster up the heart to tell him it's bedtime...I'm too much of a push over.

He's usually asleep or at least in bed at this time, but I'm giving him this one last hurrah before he has to be in bed with the TV off at 8 so he isn't tired for kindergarten.

Again, I'm a pushover.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    So, I dusted off my Nintendo Wii the other day because my 5 year old was having a sleep over with all of his cousins and they wanted to play Mario Cart...Today I hooked it up to my TV for the first time in a LONG time to get updates for it and Xander got all excited.

After I got tired of playing/watching Xander play, I asked him if he wanted me to set it up in his room. He told me I'm the "best Dad ever..." He has been kicking ass and taking names at the boxing game and the only time I've seen him is when he wants to brag to me that he "punched the guy down."

It's now after 9 and I'm still trying to muster up the heart to tell him it's bedtime...I'm too much of a push over.

He's usually asleep or at least in bed at this time, but I'm giving him this one last hurrah before he has to be in bed with the TV off at 8 so he isn't tired for kindergarten.

Again, I'm a pushover.

Too cute!!

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Hey Mark what happened yesterday at your buddies?

Instead of the stepdad showing up. Her mom just called and chewed him out until he was just speechless. It was awsome. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Then his wife started in on him. And I just sat back and watched. It was better than Jerry springer.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Too cute!!

OK, so right after my last post, Mom intervened and told him it was time for bed and he started crying...I asked her if it would be OK if he could have one more boxing match so he could show her how good he is and she agreed...

I just went back in there to see what was going on and Mom had the controller(s) and she was playing and Xander was on his bed, jumping up and down, cheering her on.:rolleyes:

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast

Again, I'm a pushover.

:whip::horse::whip:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    OK, I just heard "stop your darn whining and get the dog out of the way."

I've created a monster...Or two.

Mom is usually the enforcer and I'm the pushover, but it's almost 9:30, so it looks like I'm going to have to step in.

Edit: Jeez, she just came out of Xander's bedroom out of breath and I told her it's time for bed...She said "OK fine, just one more."

I'm not used to being the mature one, so this is weird.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom