Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Morning mom.
    In my experience it can be two weeks, sometimes less.
    We completed the forwarding order for the office before Christmas with Jan. 1 as the date for it to start. We have yet to receive anything addressed to the old location. I am not getting insurance payments. Dr. is starting to get concerned as that is a significant portion of the income.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We completed the forwarding order for the office before Christmas with Jan. 1 as the date for it to start. We have yet to receive anything addressed to the old location. I am not getting insurance payments. Dr. is starting to get concerned as that is a significant portion of the income.
    Well that would be troubling. I am surprised you aren’t doing all insurance payments as direct deposits, electric transfer.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Well that would be troubling. I am surprised you aren’t doing all insurance payments as direct deposits, electric transfer.
    Some are but most weren't even offering that until recently. The fees for doing it that way are kind of ridiculous with some of them and I have to scan or download all of the EOB's and enter the payments to each patient's account manually so it hasn't made sense to make the switch. We have a few sites that process thru a company that provides virtual credit cards for the payments so I am getting some that way thru their site.

The one that does direct deposit decided to move to a new web site about the same time we did the forwarding order and their pending payments just showed up yesterday. However, that is one of the companies that is sending me paper checks for the new dentist (who is seeing many of the patients with that insurance)...and the paper checks are made out to the dentist rather than the business name. He is an employee and not on the bank accounts so those have to be sent back and reprocessed...which they can't seem to do without sending me checks made out to him again. I think I will be drinking on the job very soon with the way some of this is going. Insurance companies cannot figure out how to do much of anything right.

And so far, my paycheck is not showing in my bank account. Today is supposed to be payday....argggghhhh

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My doctor's office doesn't seem to ever get around to patient billing. They will send the electronic bill to Cigna. Cigna reviews and does the electronic pay. I have to pull up the EOB and see what I owe and make them take my payment next time I am in the office.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My doctor's office doesn't seem to ever get around to patient billing. They will send the electronic bill to Cigna. Cigna reviews and does the electronic pay. I have to pull up the EOB and see what I owe and make them take my payment next time I am in the office.
    I am the exact opposite. I try to process payments and get invoices/statements sent out as soon as I can. I have had some claims that the insurance company doesn't process correctly, and I don't bill the patient until it is right. They can do some pretty interesting screw ups processing claims...paying for things we haven't done, not paying for things we did do, etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning peoples.
    Don’t get me started on Dr bills.
    I just received the latest on how much it has cost to keep me in this side of dirt. And how much my part is.

When someone tells you life is priceless I can set them straight on that mind set.

:):

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Morning peoples.
    Don’t get me started on Dr bills.
    I just received the latest on how much it has cost to keep me in this side of dirt. And how much my part is.

When someone tells you life is priceless I can set them straight on that mind set.

:):
    Until people have been through the world of cancer treatment bills, they have no idea.

The doctor asked us if we wanted to have genetic testing done, said it could "possibly" help with treatment but it would be expensive and the insurance might not pay it. What can you say when it is your wife? Of course I said, whatever you think might help. So we had to go someplace special for the blood draw. Then I get a letter from the testing company saying the bill would be $10k but they would put me on a payment plan. Then I get the EOB. Cigna considered them IN network and sent them like $500 and reminded them they could not bill me anything else.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom