The official Status Update thread #209....So this is spring...???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Afternoon all. It's hot, but not as hot as yesterday. Just ran up to Kroger for some dog food and the car thermometer only showed 84 degrees. Doesn't seem as humid as yesterday either.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Afternoon DD I just use Chewy for the dogs food.

I'm trying some canned food for my Boston Terrier/Beagle mix. She hadn't been eating much the past few days (I usually feed dry food) and I had a small can left from when the Boston Terrier had some teeth pulled, so I gave that to her and she ate it right up.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That can happen I save an average of $5 everything I order. I feed the girls Blue Buffalo and get 2)15 lbs so it qualifies for the free shipping.

Ah, okay. I feed mine Iams, so I'd get free shipping if I ordered 3 bags (15 lbs.) or one 29 lb. bag and a 15 lb. bag, but that would be about the same as what I pay. The base price is the same (more or less) so it's the shipping that pushes it over.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Ah, okay. I feed mine Iams, so I'd get free shipping if I ordered 3 bags (15 lbs.) or one 29 lb. bag and a 15 lb. bag, but that would be about the same as what I pay. The base price is the same (more or less) so it's the shipping that pushes it over.

In that case it isn't worth it. For me I'd have to drive 15 miles to the nearest PetSmart so 30 miles round trip I don't have to make. Looks like I really end up saving a bit more if you factor in the fuel costs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    In that case it isn't worth it. For me I'd have to drive 15 miles to the nearest PetSmart so 30 miles round trip I don't have to make. Looks like I really end up saving a bit more if you factor in the fuel costs.

Oh yeah, that would make sense for you. I'm a mile and a half from Kroger. I also like the 15 lb. bags rather than the 29 lb. bags. Even though the 29 lb. bags are "cheaper" on a per lb. basis, I store their food in two 5 gallon buckets (with lids) and the 29 lb. bag won't fit completely so I wind up having an open bag until I use it up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom