The Official Status Update Thread #200 Let the thaw begin. Please.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Oops. I see someone posted in a site sponsor thread asking for recommendations.... welll... I am not saying anything but that didn’t used to be considered kosher...

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Morning All.

Busy weekend here. Built my first AR, the Kid turned 20 on Sunday.

We got woken up at 3AM, Sunday by the kid. They needed to talk, because they had spent the previous 30 minutes on the phone with the Suicide Prevention hotline.

We kept the kid busy yesterday. We made cookies for the Kid’s birthday.

We will see what the day brings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm glad you aren't brushing this off, Haven. I second Expat's question. Even if the kid says they are better, doesn't need to see someone, etc., make the appointments and get them someone to talk to. My ex-husband's family wouldn't believe me that he had issues. When he attempted suicide the first couple of times after our divorce (I left due to his bipolar rages and because our house was no longer a safe place for me or the kids), I was blamed as the cause. They never took his mental health issues seriously and blamed his problems on everyone else. He ended up completing suicide 15 years after we separated, and I was still blamed even though I hadn't talked to him in years.

If he had gotten help, it likely would have ended differently. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I have several friends who have lost children to suicide. Most never had the opportunity to intervene because their kids didn't reach out for help. The fact that your kid is asking for help is a good thing.

I'm adding your family to my prayer list. Please find a good therapist in your area that they can talk to. Family therapy may also help if there are things going on that you all need to discuss to understand better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom