• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Wedding story number 2: We chose to use the same photographer that we used for our own wedding over 25 years ago. She obviously does good work or she wouldn't still be in business for this long. She is also member of my wife's family. The wedding was scheduled for 6:30pm. The photographer was supposedly scheduled to be there at 4:00pm. Four came and went, no photographer. Five came and went, no photographer. By this time there were heads about to explode but at least they were smart enough to keep this fact from my daughter as long as they could. By five or so she had figured it out though. Tears were flowing. The best man had a good camera so he stepped up and tried his best to fill in. He took lots and lots of pictures that I'm sure will be used and appreciated. I was not involved in the arrangements for the photographer so I asked my wife when anyone spoke to the photographer last. She said it was about 2 weeks ago. If I were involved, I would have wanted to confirm things a day or two before the event but it was too late for that. All calls to the only contact number we had went straight to voice mail. It appeared to be a business number and not a mobile number. At 5:30pm, the photographer arrived. After a few words from some concerned parties, it was discovered that the original arrangements were for 5:30 and not 4:00. Apparently it was just a mix up which is exactly why I would have called to confirm a day or two before. Again, everything worked out fine. They just had to rush through some of the pre-wedding photos and catch up on them after.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Wedding story number three: Instead of the traditional throwing of rice for the sendoff of the couple, my daughter decided that people would be waving lit sparklers. She had a late ceremony and reception on purpose so all the exterior lights she had me rig and the sparklers would be more visible. These sparklers really had me concerned because much of the decorations consisted of lots of burlap, lace, and hay bales. I was told I was being paranoid but because of my concern I made sure I grabbed a fire extinguisher from inside the church and kept it close. Sure enough, someone got a lit sparkler too close to a large jar filled with more sparklers that was sitting on a table covered with burlap and lace and had a hay bale sitting nearby. I saw the fireball out of the corner of my eye. I was glad I had the fire extinguisher close. Luckily, no damage was done and no one was hurt because it was extinguished quickly. When the bride was being carried to the car, the spectators were lined up along the walkway with their sparklers. I had to announce very loudly more than once for people to step back so the sparklers wouldn't be too close to her very flammable wedding gown. It was difficult to get them to comply. I'm pretty sure she has some burn spots on that dress but at least I didn't need the fire extinguisher for that part.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Story time makes me want popcorn. :popcorn:

Fun times and good memories. Boring weddings give the couple nothing to share with their kids later about that memorable day. ;)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Story time makes me want popcorn. :popcorn:

Fun times and good memories. Boring weddings give the couple nothing to share with their kids later about that memorable day. ;)

We don't have any 'everything went haywire' type of stories for ours except for the riding the bike home from the reception in the rain. I told her 'for better or worse, baby...hop on' and off we went.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've tried to forget my first wedding, but it seems there were some things that didn't go quite as planned.

Second wedding was very small. Hubby and I and my two kids and my mom and dad. Went out to dinner afterward and invited the priest to join us. Nothing fancy, just made it official.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    The pastor did use me as a guinea pig and put a clip on microphone on my jacket (he had never had the bride or groom wear one before but he thought it would allow everyone to hear better) I had it on and forgot about it...while standing up at the altar I took a deep breath and let it out right in to the mic...it was pretty funny.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Wedding story number 4: The wedding couple decided to create a little slide show that was displayed during the ceremony. It was dedicated to the examples set for them about what a good marriage is. It included many photos of my wife and I together from many years ago as well as the same from his parents. I'm not ashamed to say that this completely broke me down. This occurred only moments before I was supposed to walk my lovely daughter down the aisle. I will be giving her a really hard time about this after she returns from her honeymoon and I get the chance. I'm not sure I want to see the photos. Even now I seem to have something in my eye just from thinking about it.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    OMG, just mowed the back because it was supposed to rain tomorrow. I'm exhausted. :faint: This **** is for the birds. Give me my lawn guys back.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Wedding story number 4: The wedding couple decided to create a little slide show that was displayed during the ceremony. It was dedicated to the examples set for them about what a good marriage is. It included many photos of my wife and I together from many years ago as well as the same from his parents. I'm not ashamed to say that this completely broke me down. This occurred only moments before I was supposed to walk my lovely daughter down the aisle. I will be giving her a really hard time about this after she returns from her honeymoon and I get the chance. I'm not sure I want to see the photos. Even now I seem to have something in my eye just from thinking about it.

Well now we gotta see those pics!

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

Oops, I totally busted in on your moment, Supr. :whistle:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I've yet to see a single pic from the wedding yet. It will probably be a while. I'm pretty sure I'll be pretty selective about what I post on here though. Tough crowd ya know.

Yeah, we got married over a year ago and although we have the thumb drive with the pics on it, we still don't have all of the prints we ordered.

...and what are you talking about, tough crowd? :dunno: We're all friends here, right GM???

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm not sure who they were but there was a group of guys there that I hope someone got a pic of together. All I know is they were either family or friends of the groom. There were 3 of them and they were all wearing identical black and white plaid flannel shirts, jeans, white straw cowboy hats and boots. They all seemed to have very serious looks on their face. I called them "The Hee Haw Mafia".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom