• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    When it is cold being scorekeeper is the hardest job out there (particularly when antsy shooters insist on running back and forth with their scoresheets & messing up the stack).

Thank You :rockwoot:

You'd have probably made SS easy if your fingers weren't numb.

True- thanks for keeping score! Especially impressive while wearing gloves- I can do nothing with gloves on.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    When it is cold being scorekeeper is the hardest job out there (particularly when antsy shooters insist on running back and forth with their scoresheets & messing up the stack).

Thank You :rockwoot:

You'd have probably made SS easy if your fingers weren't numb.

You gotta watch guys like that. They'll end up scribbling per people's scores on your sheet, too :D

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Just remembered. I was talking to a friend at church this morning. He has a shot timer on his I phone. He said it was a free app, I think it was shot timmer, not sure. He said it works pretty well and that its free. I would try it but I don't have a smart phone. I heard some guys talking about buying one to have for practice and wanted to let you know about this.

I used it on my phone, it works pretty well.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    This thread has taken a turn for the awkward:wrongdoor:

:laugh:

that happened a LONG LONG time ago!

Now that I pretty well secured my place as SS for the umpteeth year in a row, when is the next classifier? I'd like to get one in on SSP sometime in the next few months. Whatever formula was used to run the classifier this time around, it worked. I don't know if it was all just luck or what, but it was awesome to have finished up, cleaned up and BS'ed for a few and be driving home at 1:30.

I will say that having SOs and shooters familiar with the course really helped. Having a smaller squad was key possibly more than anything. Either way, Big Thanks to Grelber and BigJ for shouldering a huge bit of burden and making it like clockwork.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    that happened a LONG LONG time ago!

Now that I pretty well secured my place as SS for the umpteeth year in a row, when is the next classifier? I'd like to get one in on SSP sometime in the next few months. Whatever formula was used to run the classifier this time around, it worked. I don't know if it was all just luck or what, but it was awesome to have finished up, cleaned up and BS'ed for a few and be driving home at 1:30.

I will say that having SOs and shooters familiar with the course really helped. Having a smaller squad was key possibly more than anything. Either way, Big Thanks to Grelber and BigJ for shouldering a huge bit of burden and making it like clockwork.

I believe I overheard Grand Poomba Eadens say at the last match that we might run another one in October.

The format worked great! Probably helped that it was freezing cold and nasty too:laugh: I think more than anything else the match had no other courses- classifier only. That's really the way it needs to be at RB. It also helps to have a few guys along with the SO that can score.:yesway: The occasional shout of "you can come paste now!!" gets things moving too:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Glad everyone is happy with the new start time!!

:stickpoke:

To be honest, I think any facility looking to host a Classifier should start early. I am no big fan of the 10 start time but for a Classifier, I'd say an earlier start time is best. If an Oct classifier happens they'd better prepare for a lot more people with the warmer weather. don't see us getting done at quarter past 1 next time around.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    To be honest, I think any facility looking to host a Classifier should start early. I am no big fan of the 10 start time but for a Classifier, I'd say an earlier start time is best. If an Oct classifier happens they'd better prepare for a lot more people with the warmer weather. don't see us getting done at quarter past 1 next time around.

I'm hoping we all have enough components to still be shooting in October. Could be a REALLY small crowd:D

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I'm hoping we all have enough components to still be shooting in October. Could be a REALLY small crowd:D

that is true. I'm looking to get in the queue for an order from Berry's but they are running 4-8 weeks behind. I have 1,000 bullets for .45 to be loaded and 3,000 9mm to be loaded plus about 600 rounds of already loaded .45 ACP. If I don't go crazy, I'll have enough to shoot CDP in Bowling Green plus the May, June and July matches at RB and WSSC to prep for that but i'll be running low by then. I'll SSP from now until May and hopefully I can be ready for CDP by then again. Do they usually post a predicted match round count before hand? Any problem with bringing reloads in the plastic boxes or do we need to have them in regular boxes like you took to the S&W shoot?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    that is true. I'm looking to get in the queue for an order from Berry's but they are running 4-8 weeks behind.

Seems like they weren't even taking orders a few weeks back, so maybe they are getting more back to normal?

Oh, before I forget, we had another person wander in to RB Saturday who seemed to figure that if the gate was open then it was ok to just come in and shoot.
    I didn't quiz the guy but I got the impression that he was not schooled in range safety.
    Between folks wandering in and apparent idiots that have killed deer on the range, damaged plate racks with high power cartridges, etc. , and others who have stolen picnic tables and etc , I guess I'm getting paranoid about watching out for the other folks or leaving things unattended.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Do they usually post a predicted match round count before hand? Any problem with bringing reloads in the plastic boxes or do we need to have them in regular boxes like you took to the S&W shoot?

Normally a round count will be posted. If it isn't just take the number of COFs x 18 for the minimum, then about 100 rounds over that and you will be good to go. The factory box stuff was strickly for airline use. Everywhere else, bring it how you want it.

Between folks wandering in and apparent idiots that have killed deer on the range....and others who have stolen picnic tables...I'm getting paranoid about watching out for the other folks or leaving things unattended.

Deer??:n00b::n00b:

Picnic Tables??:n00b:

I'm seeing some threads show up on other forums where guys are getting mags and stuff taken from the range bags WHILE SHOOTING COMPETITIONS (again, :n00b:). I personally don't worry about my stuff with my squad, but you did notice I took my truck with me Saturday- and not just because my kids were in it- or because it was a shelter from the cold:twocents:

Outside of a comp, shooting at RB or wherever, yeah, I'd keep an eye on things especially while the current craziness and panic has a hold.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Normally a round count will be posted. If it isn't just take the number of COFs x 18 for the minimum, then about 100 rounds over that and you will be good to go. The factory box stuff was strickly for airline use. Everywhere else, bring it how you want it.

Deer??:n00b::n00b:

Picnic Tables??:n00b:

I'm seeing some threads show up on other forums where guys are getting mags and stuff taken from the range bags WHILE SHOOTING COMPETITIONS (again, :n00b:). I personally don't worry about my stuff with my squad, but you did notice I took my truck with me Saturday- and not just because my kids were in it- or because it was a shelter from the cold:twocents:

Outside of a comp, shooting at RB or wherever, yeah, I'd keep an eye on things especially while the current craziness and panic has a hold.

Good advice. It's been such a long time since I've even given a thought about being outside of the normal ranges that you don't give much of a though about keeping a careful eye on your stuff.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Seems like they weren't even taking orders a few weeks back, so maybe they are getting more back to normal?

Oh, before I forget, we had another person wander in to RB Saturday who seemed to figure that if the gate was open then it was ok to just come in and shoot.
    I didn't quiz the guy but I got the impression that he was not schooled in range safety.
    Between folks wandering in and apparent idiots that have killed deer on the range, damaged plate racks with high power cartridges, etc. , and others who have stolen picnic tables and etc , I guess I'm getting paranoid about watching out for the other folks or leaving things unattended.

I think anytime we are there, we should try to be vigilant. Just because one is not schooled in range safety doesn't mean he's not a member.

Dusty and I had an incident with a WSSC member after the last match there. At the rifle range, getting our stuff out to do some fun stuff, I notice this guy doing a LOT of coonfingering his gun, and thought I saw him point it at me (I'm behind the firing line) out of the corner of my eye. So I started watching him as dusty and I were yakking. Sure enough he does it again, we jump and I annouce to him "hey point that down range". He had laid it down my now, picks it up again, and POINTS it at ME again and say's it's ok, it's unloaded see. I had to yell at him AGAIN. Geez.

I WILL report it if I see some jackwagon doing damage or stealing from a RB or any other club. Unbelievable.

Honestly, there are those folks that should not be allowed around weapons.....ever.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom