• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I do wish untapped allows rums, whiskeys, moonshine, bourbons, etc. etc. to be allowed on untapped. Such a cool idea, don't see why it's limited to just beer...

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just sent out a handful of Untappd invites as well.

Jake, I just took a trip up to Bell's this past weekend and brought home a case of Smitten. I'm a big fan of that stuff!

Also, having some fresh Hopslam on tap was a very nice treat. :)

Just got told that Big Red will be stocking Hopslam this week here in Bloomington. Looking forward to it!

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Hibernation Ale
    English-Syle Old Ale
    Great Divide Brewing Co.
    Denver, CO
    8.7 abv

An addition to the GD review series...
    For when you're snowed in and everything is closed, or at least under a travel emergency with no where to go. Kinda like now! Pours a deep dark burnt umber brown. Smells of caramel sweet malty. Rich, roasted, and robust flavor. Mouthfeel is savory just this side of watery; smooth. Perfect for curling up around the fireplace or wood stove under those flannels with your loved ones. Becomes way more drinkable as the glass warms a la English style ideal temps. More evenly keeled as well.

food pairings from the bottle: Roomano cheese, grilled tenderloin, apple crisp, & ginger ice cream.

Hearty brew for when you're hibernating.:yesway:
    :twocents:

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Blonde Bomber
    America Blonde Ale
    The Veteran Beer Company
    Cold Spring, MN
    5% abv

"Veteran," "Bomber," "Beer," this post has to be flagged and picked up by the NSA and BATF. Pours a solid cloudy amber. For the bier snobs that seem to be allergic to lagers, here's your session beer. Checks all the boxes and fulfills. Bravo. Give a hoot, don't be a douche. See posts #312, 313, and 314 on this thread. :patriot::yesway:

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    People's Moundbuilder
    India Pale Ale
    People's Brewing Company
    Lafayette, IN
    6.5% abv

Into the glass, a lightly cloudy deep amber warmed to a scarlet. The bottle says copper... well... more scarlet to my eyes. I've been sick and my nose is off, but regardless this has a great aroma. Sweet-ish malty and citrusy. Super well balanced. And the pleasant aroma doesn't wane, it is persistent. Great drinking experience. Columbus and Centennial for the hops geeks. A bit more sweet than bitter but not so much that it's cloying. Mouthfeel starts solid and washes away light and leaves that nice flavorful residue on the tongue and gums. And it doesn't have to be so high octane to make an impression. If you haven't tried this, please do and hell, it's local INGOers! Beer for the people!:yesway:

Silverslider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    I got hooked on those mini kegs and now every friday i pickup a New Castle on the way home.
    I also picked up some Sam Adams cold snap, pretty good beer

you want an extremely complex beer remember this.....
    next november pick up some Sam Adams Merry Maker. you will not be disappointed
    (they only do a small amount and just for the holidays)

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Fresh Hop
    Pale Ale
    Great Divide Brewing Co.
    Denver, Co
    6.1% abv

Yet another addition to the GD review series... All you need to know is it's in my top five of all time. Period.

But let me expound. A pale ale with a flavorful hop profile akin to most IPA's. This is supremely balanced. Not too bitter, not sweet either. Mouth feel is watery-ish but still yields an active texture. At 6.1% you can drink plenty of it... if you can find it. It is a fall/winter seasonal and not always readily available. They've apparently changed the label from the original since the last time I gabbed one (farthest on the left above). The older label describes overnighting fresh wet Pacific NW whole cone hops to brew, while the newer label stresses keeping cold and enjoying right away. Whereas the old label had a bottled on date, the new label has a best by date (mine says Dec 29). I think you get the picture of the temporal quality of this brew. Somewhat in the vein of the "enjoy by" series from stone. In this sense I wish I had found this sooner as it is still great, but not the impressive overwhelming experience of seasons past. So be forewarned, if you see it in season, snap it up! If you get ahold of it later in the season, have no fear, it will still deliver. Bright amber color looks gilded in the glass with fine bubbles, a fair head, and good lacing. Aroma is practically synesthetic, bright, green, oily, freshest, wettest hops. In fact the "wetness" lingers on the palate. Self described as grassy, citrusy, and bright, this bomber will not disappoint. :yesway::yesway:

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Biere De Garde
    Ale brewed with orange peel
    Brewery Vivant & New Belgium (Lips of faith series)
    Fort Collins, CO
    9% abv

Smells citrusy with a hint of yeast. Pours a cloudy, bubbly deep hansa yellow, ah ah ah... "golden straw." Appropriate. A flock of fine bubbles love to slide across the glass. Tart but not bitter, the orange comes through nicely. I would say effervescent but my better half disagrees. See for yourself. I believe it is a farmhouse ale so it's not so big a mouth feel but it is upfront and punctuating on the palate and dissipates quickly to the rear. Cheeses bring out the sweetness of the orange. Chocolates bring out the dry and the peel. What an interesting versatile brew. Light but strong enough to put you down after a hard day's work on the farm! One bomber should do you nicely.:yesway:

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Great Divide - Old Ruffian
    Barley Wine Style Ale
    10.2% ABV
    Bottled on 12/20/12

I was very happy to find a couple bottles of this recently, and they've already aged over 1 year. I imagine this brew would be very hoppy if consumed fresh. Pours a reddish brown with minimal head that lingers. Has a nice smell that is more pronounced in the taste. As consumed, mild hops up front with plenty of caramel maltiness in the end. This is an exceptional barley wine style-ale, and I'd recommend picking a bottle up if you can find it.

20140209_090453.jpg

Dudley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Lafayette
    Moose Drool
    Brown Ale
    Big Sky Brewing CO. Missoula, MT
    It's pretty dark for a brown ale, but went down oh so smooth!

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Saw that video a week or two ago. ^^^^^

I'm a certified beer judge and I found this video laughable on several levels.

MAG58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Saw that video a week or two ago. ^^^^^

I'm a certified beer judge and I found this video laughable on several levels.

Does it have anything to do with the fact that those are likely the nicest glasses anyone has ever poured those beers into?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ok. The new Miller "Fortune." Good slow drinking lager.

I have been a long-time light beer drinker. Fortune is really good.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Does it have anything to do with the fact that those are likely the nicest glasses anyone has ever poured those beers into?
    Notice that each beer has a completely different style of glass? That plays a big part in the sensory aspects and makes it really hard to compare.

Top Bottom