• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The great thing about untapped is how easy it makes keeping track of all the beers you have. It was a lifesaver at Epcots food and wine fest this year! There were so many beers there I liked, that I would have never remembered without having untapped.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The great thing about untapped is how easy it makes keeping track of all the beers you have. It was a lifesaver at Epcots food and wine fest this year! There were so many beers there I liked, that I would have never remembered without having untapped.

is untapped an app?

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Ok. I hate myself. Grabbed the wrong bottle out of the fridge at my parents. Thought it was my Coors Light, the best beer ever made. Opened it and took a drink. Mmm. Something is different but very very good. Budweiser Platinum. I hate Budweiser products! Now I hate myself.

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    The Oracle

The Oracle
    Double IPA
    Bell's Brewery, Inc.
    Comstock, MI
    abv 10%

Limited seasonal from Bell's. Pours a cloudy deep honey color with a fair ultra tight bubbley head. Good lacing on the glass. Very light faint aroma. Sweet upfront. The malt taste is tight and concise. Very well balanced with a focused bitter and hops flavor. Mouthfeel starts medium big and finishes smooth to watery on the sides of the palate leaving a lasting great flavor and feel on top. The malt takes a back seat as the glass warms and the hops move upfront. A more penetrating beer experience than say a two hearted or hopslam. Not as bitter as purported. Bell's always does a good job subduing the fact your drinking a 10%. This is no different. Real good. :yesway:
    :twocents:

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    Just had to pull something from the cellar to help after shoveling the foot plus of global warming from my driveway. Sorry its not from Indiana.

Sour goodness. mmmmmmm

Chuck

attachment.php

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ok. I hate myself. Grabbed the wrong bottle out of the fridge at my parents. Thought it was my Coors Light, the best beer ever made. Opened it and took a drink. Mmm. Something is different but very very good. Budweiser Platinum. I hate Budweiser products! Now I hate myself.

I wouldn't call coors light best beer ever...there's nothing special about it. It's a bit better then miller light, but miller light taste nasty.

Get you a good beer!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I wouldn't call coors light best beer ever...there's nothing special about it. It's a bit better then miller light, but miller light taste nasty.

Get you a good beer!

I have tried several brewed beers. Most are too strong in the taste department. Just not my thing. I drink a 6 pack about every 2 months. I don't drink while I'm out and about, (little kids with me and with a CDL, my BAL is .04. I'm not taking ANY chances.) So what I grab when I'm at the store does me just fine. I just can't stand the fact I actually enjoyed a Bud product.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I have tried several brewed beers. Most are too strong in the taste department. Just not my thing. I drink a 6 pack about every 2 months. I don't drink while I'm out and about, (little kids with me and with a CDL, my BAL is .04. I'm not taking ANY chances.) So what I grab when I'm at the store does me just fine. I just can't stand the fact I actually enjoyed a Bud product.

You tried 6 foot blonde from bigwoods? It's my new local brew favorite...not too strong, bit mellow, not spicy any, not citrus....

I'm a wheat beer kind of guy, light to medium golden in color...I like it a lot.

Boba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    The Veteran
    American Lager
    The Veteran Beer Company
    Cold Spring, MN
    abv 5%

This is the beer snob thread, so allow me to get rather snobbish about now. You are a douche. Now on to the review!

Great session beer. The Veteran, made in the USA. Veteran (American) owned. Created by disabled Veterans. Further employing Veterans. I won't take up space here reprinting the info and statistics behind their inception. I do highly recommend looking into the impetus behind this company's line of beer.

I say, finally a good reason for ale snobs to drink a quality lager with a purpose. Really. Why on earth would any red blooded American consume aything else? Great session beer. Made and owned in the USA by Veterans. Put aside the fact (at the time of this review) it is currently only available in all of Indiana and some Illinois (chicago-land), but what beer company would most likely support your Second Amendment right more than one owned and operated by those who served to uphold said rights? C'mon Ingoers. Just a thought. Great session beer. Made and owned in the USA by Veterans.

But wait wait, lets take moment to consider the other typical "domestic" American style lager bla de blas. [rant engaged!]
    Anhaiser-Bush, a Belgian-Brazil company (read as Budweiser, Bud-anything, Bush, Michelob, Shock Top, etc).
    Molson-Coors, out of Colorado or is it really Canada, confused yet? (read as Coors, Blue Moon, Killians, Keystone, Molson, etc) or is it
    Miller...MillerCoors? owned by South African Breweries.
    Even Pabst. An American company that now brews some PBR's in China marketed as a luxury brand, with bottles of its 1844 titled beer costing $44 a bottle. Wh-What?! These multinational corporations and companies are enough to make your head spin (and not in a good way). F- these other POS beers. Look, if you truly believe any of these con-gloms brew the "best beer ever made," then what on earth are you doing in this forum thread firstly, and second, now that you know and have been informed of the availability and purpose of The Veteran American Lager why on earth would any red blooded American consume any of these sad poop beers? Have instead a great session beer. Made and owned in the USA by Veterans.

So! ...now that you have been duly informed, if you're that guy who shows up to the party, or is putting on the cookout, or filling up the recycle bins with anything other than a large preponderance of beers from the Veteran Beer Company...if you're that guy who continues to choose to blindly support and consume these other typical "domestic" lagers when a greater alternative exists then... you're a douche. [end rant]

Great session beer. The Veteran, made in the USA. Veteran (American) owned. Created by disabled Veterans. With the sole purpose of brewing great beer and further employing Veterans. Here here. I'll drink to that! :yesway::yesway:
    :twocents:

:patriot:

maddawg138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    La Porte
    ^^^ whole heartily agree with that last review of the veteran. Also Blonde Bomber is well worth it as well (i hate doing reviews btw so just take my word ;P)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

Jake226

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    Bloomington
    Hey guys new to the forum and the thread....pretty geeked about having one site to talk about two of my favorite things. Boba your posts are great and I'm glad to see a couple people loving the "enjoy by" series from Stone on here. My buddies just think I'm an idiot for spending that much on bombers. That being said, I began to get kind of burnt out on all of the imperials and double IPAs that I was drinking (nearly exclusively). I'm not crazy about lighter beers but I ran across one last week that was great. Bell's Smitten. Its a Golden Rye Ale, 6% ABV, that is very crisp and an easy drinker. I found it to be a little spicy and somewhat hoppy. Forgive me for not being a wordsmith, or a seasoned reviewer. For all of you Hop-crazed guys out there who want to take a break from the sharp flavors and rough mornings of 8-10% beers, give Smitten a chance, its a good detour from the norm.

nmcqueen469

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Whitley County
    Just sent out a handful of Untappd invites as well.

Jake, I just took a trip up to Bell's this past weekend and brought home a case of Smitten. I'm a big fan of that stuff!

Also, having some fresh Hopslam on tap was a very nice treat. :)

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Just sent out a handful of Untappd invites as well.

Jake, I just took a trip up to Bell's this past weekend and brought home a case of Smitten. I'm a big fan of that stuff!

Also, having some fresh Hopslam on tap was a very nice treat. :)

I just sent out untappd invites too! I am plw4.

Woohoo...upto 4 friends on untapped.

Top Bottom