• mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    eOIqpgg.jpg

This is my favorite. This one and all your other customs...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I am to understand they run great.Myself, I would be Leary of using full house 10mm loads in one.

That's my general concern with running a Ruger and especially the RIA offerings. I seem to keep coming back to Glock, for not only price but reliability. I start getting this weird feeling in my stomach when the initial cost of a defensive handgun gets over $600.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's my general concern with running a Ruger and especially the RIA offerings. I seem to keep coming back to Glock, for not only price but reliability. I start getting this weird feeling in my stomach when the initial cost of a defensive handgun gets over $600.

Own/run what you are comfortable with.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Own/run what you are comfortable with.

I'd prefer a non-Glock offering, but the options don't seem to be there for what I want currently. I don't understand why there aren't more options for a striker fired double stack 10mm other than Glock. They've had sole possession of that market for a long time now. Unless I go DA/SA and rock a EAA/Tanfoglio option.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    No complaints about the Ruger. The internal finishes were a little rough but it functioned flawlessly.

I’ve been looking at the Springfield’s and the Colt Delta Elite. The Springfield because it’s built right and the Colt because I would probably turn it into another BBQ gun to match a 45 Colt I have but Colt is a question mark for me right now.

In the meantime, I am waiting on a couple parts to convert a SW Chiefs Special 40 into a 3” 10 mm.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    No complaints about the Ruger. The internal finishes were a little rough but it functioned flawlessly.

I’ve been looking at the Springfield’s and the Colt Delta Elite. The Springfield because it’s built right and the Colt because I would probably turn it into another BBQ gun to match a 45 Colt I have but Colt is a question mark for me right now.

In the meantime, I am waiting on a couple parts to convert a SW Chiefs Special 40 into a 3” 10 mm.

That's been my experience with Ruger over the years with all their products, decent looking on the outside, rough on the inside but still shot okay.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

My recommendation on a Colt would be to handle the gun before buying. Their fit can be all over the place. If you find a decently tight one, they make great project guns with the forged frame and slide. I'm happy with the finished results on mine, but it did take a bit of work to get it to where it is today.
    20170526_131813_zpsfczfob0v.jpg

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    WOW, 88!! That is very similar to what I had in mind. I like it!!!

but....you highlighted my reservations with Colt. I have read good reviews about the Kimber too but my personal experience with Kimber has been sub par. I think if you get a good Kimber you get a really good one; if you don't, well, you don't...

I'd like to see a non-railed Springfield TRP.

Top Bottom