• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    We have air! Spent the better part of today removing the old air lines which were copper and soldered together, they wouldn't hold up to the pressures our compressor will run. Kept blowing seams, so out with the old and in with the steel screw pipe! Thankfully our buddy with the hearse just happened to be driving by and he went and got his Bobcat, made removing the old line which was run along the ceiling much easier. Ladders are sketchy, bobcat buckets are still sketchy, but not as much. :):

Next up, ordering that blasting cabinet I've been drooling over for over a year....

For those that haven't figured it out yet, my dad and I are starting our own shop. The time has come, we've been talking about it for years and some recent life events have made us realize that we only have one life to live, so time to make the plunge! At first we will be finishing some projects for friends that we have committed to, as well as finishing our own projects. We already have our first customers lined up, so I'm not worried. Will be mainly doing body and paint work, I will also be doing car detailing and painting whatever will fit in the blast cabinet. Going to be getting back into experimenting with Cerakote work as well.

The ultimate end goal dream for me will be driving out west and hauling nice rust free cars back here.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Auburn, Cord, Duesenberg Festival going on this week in Auburn. If you've never been and are close, I highly suggest going! I believe there are events going on all week, I'm mainly concerned with the cruise in going on Friday around the courthouse and the auction/swap meet going on at the auction park.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We have air! Spent the better part of today removing the old air lines which were copper and soldered together, they wouldn't hold up to the pressures our compressor will run. Kept blowing seams, so out with the old and in with the steel screw pipe! Thankfully our buddy with the hearse just happened to be driving by and he went and got his Bobcat, made removing the old line which was run along the ceiling much easier. Ladders are sketchy, bobcat buckets are still sketchy, but not as much. :):

Next up, ordering that blasting cabinet I've been drooling over for over a year....

For those that haven't figured it out yet, my dad and I are starting our own shop. The time has come, we've been talking about it for years and some recent life events have made us realize that we only have one life to live, so time to make the plunge! At first we will be finishing some projects for friends that we have committed to, as well as finishing our own projects. We already have our first customers lined up, so I'm not worried. Will be mainly doing body and paint work, I will also be doing car detailing and painting whatever will fit in the blast cabinet. Going to be getting back into experimenting with Cerakote work as well.

The ultimate end goal dream for me will be driving out west and hauling nice rust free cars back here.

Success to you in this.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County

Congrats Rusty! Here is hoping it works out awesome for you and your dad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom