Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Bottom is all buttoned up. Crank seal in place. Painted the Water pump the oil filter mount and the Harmonic balancer.
    Wrestled with the Lifter valley cover. What a treat that piece is. I found the Intake gaskets they shipped (I ordered) were the wrong ones.....:(
    2 steps forward and 1 step back.

The original pan is a bit beat up but the owner had it powder coated before I ever saw it or I would have dollied out the lumpy parts.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is the 85 SS we bought new. At 105K we did the resto and drive train upgrades. 355 with open chamber heads upgraded to 2.02 intakes, Comp cam gear driven, stealth intake, 750 vac secondary tuned to the engine, hookers, MSD and 6AL, 2500 stall in front of an R-700 with all the good internals, 4.10s on an Auburn. We got done in time to give it to my son on his 16th B-day. It was a petty serious street car.

Looks like you did it right, mine was White with blue stripes and blue interior. Wife had a real problem remembering not to damage the front air dam. As we know, Chevy was pretty optimistic calling them SS, and then did not bother put an engine in in them. Did yours come with red stripes/graphics? I think the Black Oldmobile Cutlass' were Black with silver, but I seem to forget everything anymore. The Monte Carlos were enjoyable cars to drive once they had a little horsepower under the hood.

Auburn Posi, pretty impressive, they don't exactly give them away.

Last edited:

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    CM you'll be happy to know that the Hot Rod guys are taking the Crusher Camaro back to a 70's retro drag racer. Small block, tunnel ram, white headers, big stall, big gears. They took out a 800 horse blown LS7 with a 4L80E and threw in a small block and turbo 350 with a trans brake and full manual reverse pattern valve body. Should be good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM you'll be happy to know that the Hot Rod guys are taking the Crusher Camaro back to a 70's retro drag racer. Small block, tunnel ram, white headers, big stall, big gears. They took out a 800 horse blown LS7 with a 4L80E and threw in a small block and turbo 350 with a trans brake and full manual reverse pattern valve body. Should be good.

:drool:

When the 1st built the car and it had the 6-71 Roots on top of the BB I so wanted that car.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looks like you did it right, mine was White with blue stripes and blue interior. Wife had a real problem remembering not to damage the front air dam. As we know, Chevy was pretty optimistic calling them SS, and then did not bother put an engine in in them. Did yours come with red stripes/graphics? I think the Black Oldmobile Cutlass' were Black with silver, but I seem to forget everything anymore. The Monte Carlos were enjoyable cars to drive once they had a little horsepower under the hood.

Auburn Posi, pretty impressive, they don't exactly give them away.

It was originally Black with the stripe package in the pick below. 305 with a 3.73 gear. Yeah it would run 16.00 flat out all day long.

The auburn was used because it was for a 16 year old and I taught him to drive so it was going to get beat on. He managed a best of 12.78 with it. Not bad for a daily driver.

This is the car just before it was replaced with a 96 Impala S/S. Only pic I have in the bucket.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Just watched that. I love white headers. That's what I did with mine, they are rusting now though...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I rolled into Pigeon Forge today.
    Rainy and cold today.
    Cold and partly cloudy tomorrow.
    The only decent day will be Saturday so not sure how many cars are gonna show up.
    I will post up some pics if I get an opportunity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom