Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    VP fuels C23 is going for $104/ 5 gallon can. So just over $20/gallon.

It has gone up. I ran this in the engine I still have when the compression was in Lunar orbit instead of methanol. I am done with Meth.......:lmfao:

I also had it in the supercharged Harley when it had the tune set to "Kill". I ran the tune on "Stun" in street trim. That tune required Cam-2. I kept a 50 drum on hand. They called it a 55 but 50 was all we could ever get from one...:):

The "Kill" tune included the 50HP plate under the carb in front of the SC. I removed the nozzle's as they were just to violent. The plate acted as a power adder and sub-cooled the charge entering the SC. Chemical intercooler so to speak. When it engaged the bike went full on warp factor but the transition was not nearly as violent as the direct port nozzles. Even the Dyno guy noticed it.

165 RWHP on the engine and 211 with the spray. I truly think the added cooling effect helped the big numbers.
    10:80's on a solid pass on the engine.
    10'30's on the spray spinning the tire on the 1/2 shift and sometimes 2/3 shift. Bike weighed in at 750 pounds curb wet. I was 235 geared up. 1000 pounds running like that........:woot:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Oh come on. I drove mine to Florida and back in a weekend last year. I barely have an engine!

Cut us a "little" slack, this thing has gotten a total of about 20 miles on it in the past 30 years! We'll get it there but I'm not so sure I want to give up the AC

Or Cruise

Or Tunes

Or (relative) quiet

Or

Or

Or

(Yeah I'm getting old!:laugh:)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Cut us a "little" slack, this thing has gotten a total of about 20 miles on it in the past 30 years! We'll get it there but I'm not so sure I want to give up the AC

Or Cruise

Or Tunes

Or (relative) quiet

Or

Or

Or

(Yeah I'm getting old!:laugh:)
    No slack cut at all! When we first got this poncho drivable, we threw a clutch in it and hit the road for Wichita Kansas at 2am the next day! All we did was the basics and it hadn’t driven in at least 5 years, maybe more... lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No slack cut at all! When we first got this poncho drivable, we threw a clutch in it and hit the road for Wichita Kansas at 2am the next day! All we did was the basics and it hadn’t driven in at least 5 years, maybe more... lol

I remember that road trip. It was the cause of many upgrades if memory serves.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    It has gone up. I ran this in the engine I still have when the compression was in Lunar orbit instead of methanol. I am done with Meth.......:lmfao:

I also had it in the supercharged Harley when it had the tune set to "Kill". I ran the tune on "Stun" in street trim. That tune required Cam-2. I kept a 50 drum on hand. They called it a 55 but 50 was all we could ever get from one...:):

The "Kill" tune included the 50HP plate under the carb in front of the SC. I removed the nozzle's as they were just to violent. The plate acted as a power adder and sub-cooled the charge entering the SC. Chemical intercooler so to speak. When it engaged the bike went full on warp factor but the transition was not nearly as violent as the direct port nozzles. Even the Dyno guy noticed it.

165 RWHP on the engine and 211 with the spray. I truly think the added cooling effect helped the big numbers.
    10:80's on a solid pass on the engine.
    10'30's on the spray spinning the tire on the 1/2 shift and sometimes 2/3 shift. Bike weighed in at 750 pounds curb wet. I was 235 geared up. 1000 pounds running like that........:woot:

That would’ve done EASY 9’s with a little traction.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I remember that road trip. It was the cause of many upgrades if memory serves.
    That was the craziest thing I’ve ever done to that point. Dad and I were both out of our comfort zone. Especially when the man who tuned it up said he wouldn’t take it around the block. :): Only issue we had was a power steering belt come loose which we figured out when we got there. We way overpacked with tools for that trip. Old girl just motored right on down!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That would’ve done EASY 9’s with a little traction.

I believe it was 9.90 capable but to keep the tire hooked in the 1st 2 shifts I had to lift off the spray switch (WOT) and re-engage which was a full 10 or better slower.
    I was going to put a much lighter rider on it. He is the one that got my Pro bike into the high 7's. I was 8;20's avg. on it. When I tried to win a bet I could roll a high 7 with me on board and tuned it appropriately it tried to kill me. Twice. I lost the bet. The bike had the power but the extra 50 pounds was everything.
    And it seriously scared the :poop: out of me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That was the craziest thing I’ve ever done to that point. Dad and I were both out of our comfort zone. Especially when the man who tuned it up said he wouldn’t take it around the block. :): Only issue we had was a power steering belt come loose which we figured out when we got there. We way overpacked with tools for that trip. Old girl just motored right on down!

Memory's. Make as many good ones as you can. This is a good one.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I believe it was 9.90 capable but to keep the tire hooked in the 1st 2 shifts I had to lift off the spray switch (WOT) and re-engage which was a full 10 or better slower.
    I was going to put a much lighter rider on it. He is the one that got my Pro bike into the high 7's. I was 8;20's avg. on it. When I tried to win a bet I could roll a high 7 with me on board and tuned it appropriately it tried to kill me. Twice. I lost the bet. The bike had the power but the extra 50 pounds was everything.
    And it seriously scared the :poop: out of me.

I’d want to be thoroughly strapped into an appropriate seat for that kind of ride.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I’d want to be thoroughly strapped into an appropriate seat for that kind of ride.

You can only imagine how fast the world goes by.
    The pro bike had all the goodies on it including the pneumatic timers from a top fuel car to shift it. The clutch was highly tune-able as it was a counter weighted centrifugal unit from MTC. I had the best ignition available at the time and it was tune-able.
    The shift unit was from Gary Ormsby's fueler. They outlawed them so it was sitting on Lee Beards desk. I did some racing with the team before Gary passed. Lee gave me the unit if I promised to use it and I did. Basically a fancy timer that fired solenoids to engage the slipper clutches on the fueler. It took some re-engineering but once I got it man what a joy. Only draw back was everything had to run like clock work (launch etc) as you were running on a timer. The shifts were coming at time set intervals. Great for a bracket/heads up bike.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Holy cramshaft Batman!!!!

28s8o3l.jpg

jtpcmq.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom