• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Put a light on the Poncho today. Initial timing with vacuum disconnected was 4 degrees. Bumped that up to 11. Seemed to like that better. I think I may have been wrong about needing to turn the fuel down on the Holley. Opposite actually, with the single plane it has so much plenum volume, I think it might need more fuel. I’m not gonna mess with it cause the single plane will get swapped out sometime this winter.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Put a light on the Poncho today. Initial timing with vacuum disconnected was 4 degrees. Bumped that up to 11. Seemed to like that better. I think I may have been wrong about needing to turn the fuel down on the Holley. Opposite actually, with the single plane it has so much plenum volume, I think it might need more fuel. I’m not gonna mess with it cause the single plane will get swapped out sometime this winter.

You should be able to look at the plugs after a drive and blast off on the home stretch. That will tell you.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I sent my Christmas list to the OG. It only had 1 item on it.

2017_ZL-1.jpg

Wow a Chevy didn’t see that coming!

Its only good for like 12.00 in the quarter.

But that’s a good color for it.

Are you driving in the rain?
    Summer tires?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Where does it go with everything in....total...???

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Wow a Chevy didn’t see that coming!

Its only good for like 12.00 in the quarter.

But that’s a good color for it.

Are you driving in the rain?
    Summer tires?

Dont cheat it any, 11.5 in the quarter.:laugh:

I really want one. :drool:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat wrecked after just 18 miles | Fox News

I don’t really understand this the Hellcat is not a scary car to drive. My wife’s car is a 6 speed just set everything on street mode and drive. We take it shopping or out to dinner ect. easy to drive solid rides way better than you would think.
    You do have a stupid amount of power available and application of the go pedal has to take in consideration road surface, traffic ect.

My Scat Pack is a rip snorting backfiring last of the big block muscle cars it lopes at idle one suspension setting stiff. When you take off normal you may still spin on the crosswalk stripes it can become a handful quick.

I bought a 1970 AMX 390 4 speed in 1984 from the local machine shop because a customer did not pay his bill. It was scary you didn’t know If was going to launch straight or go to the left or right you have to shift gently to avoid spinning in any gear. My father forced a sell after I blew the clutch out street racing. He was right I would have probably killed myself in it. My 1968 Charger was much more controllable.

So are people who have never driven a high performance car dumb enough to buy a $60,000 car with 707 hp and go out and just mash on the go pedal?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    700hp car, 300hp driver. I looked at a Jeep Trackhawk this week. Stupid is all I all I have to say. I wouldn’t want all those electronics with a “muscle car”. Just ruins the whole experience...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat wrecked after just 18 miles | Fox News

I don’t really understand this the Hellcat is not a scary car to drive. My wife’s car is a 6 speed just set everything on street mode and drive. We take it shopping or out to dinner ect. easy to drive solid rides way better than you would think.
    You do have a stupid amount of power available and application of the go pedal has to take in consideration road surface, traffic ect.

My Scat Pack is a rip snorting backfiring last of the big block muscle cars it lopes at idle one suspension setting stiff. When you take off normal you may still spin on the crosswalk stripes it can become a handful quick.

I bought a 1970 AMX 390 4 speed in 1984 from the local machine shop because a customer did not pay his bill. It was scary you didn’t know If was going to launch straight or go to the left or right you have to shift gently to avoid spinning in any gear. My father forced a sell after I blew the clutch out street racing. He was right I would have probably killed myself in it. My 1968 Charger was much more controllable.

So are people who have never driven a high performance car dumb enough to buy a $60,000 car with 707 hp and go out and just mash on the go pedal?

"YES". Simple as that.
    Inexperience is the killer here. Lack of sense comes into play.

When I sold my Springer soft tail I was concerned. I de-tuned it significantly. Pulled a lot of power out of it. The guy that bought it sold it soon after he bought it as it scared him a few times and like your AMX you had to actually ride it. Stay on top of it.
    He sold it on the interwebs. I got a call from the next owner as the guy passed my info along with the bike. New owner swore he was a competent rider. Wanted tuning info. I passed it along a piece at a time. After a bit he wanted Nitrous tuning info as it was disabled. I asked him several times to promise he would notmix alcohol and Nitorus. Of course he promised.

2 weeks later I get a call from this guys riding buddy. Idiot was showing off at a party and hit a parked car. Hard. He is not with us anymore.
    Bike was torn up pretty good. They were looking to sell the remains.

People are not aware they do not have the skill sets to go "Real" fast "Real" hard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom