• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The National Rifle Association on the statistic. They are a gun rights group based out of Virginia. The Rodney king thing was a joke. To many of us around during that time (the LA Riots) that "speech" ranks as one of the funniest things we had ever seen on tv.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_10VT5d6kAk[/ame]

:D

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    If I see someone OC I am fairly confident they are not a criminal.

If I notice someone CC, I keep thinking what are they trying to hide

:laugh:

I know you speak in jest (should have used purple maybe?) but interesting logic used by some nonetheless... What if the BG comes into the local convenience store while OCing? Per the usual arguments he or she has "given up the element of surprise", "acted as a deterrent", "gains the advantage of speed of deployment"... "will be the first one shot"... You get the idea.

Hopefully in that case "will be the first one shot" wins that argument.

For me, evaluating a potential threat based on method of carry is just one of many factors to consider when sizing up a potential threat but certainly doesn't tip the scales one way or the other.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I carry with both methods depending on what and where I will be going and doing.

I OC out of comfort, never liked IWB carry personally.

I CC when I know where I will be going isn't Carry friendly or when I do not have time to educate LEO on IN carry laws.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I know you speak in jest (should have used purple maybe?) but interesting logic used by some nonetheless... What if the BG comes into the local convenience store while OCing? Per the usual arguments he or she has "given up the element of surprise", "acted as a deterrent", "gains the advantage of speed of deployment"... "will be the first one shot"... You get the idea.

Hopefully in that case "will be the first one shot" wins that argument.

For me, evaluating a potential threat based on method of carry is just one of many factors to consider when sizing up a potential threat but certainly doesn't tip the scales one way or the other.
    Criminals, by nature, don't want to see retribution. Whether that is in the form of an armed citizen, a little old lady beating them with a purse, a uniformed officer, or any other means of getting caught. Carrying a gun, even by LICENSED citizens, is often widely considered "illegal" let alone by someone without a license. Therefore, whether they are familiar with carry laws or not, an OCing criminal is greatly increasing his chances of being caught and/or reprimanded in some fashion. Hence, it is INCREDIBLY unlikely one would OC at all.

As can be found in ANY number of security camera footage, criminals try to hide themselves and their intent until necessary to avoid being reprimanded. Majority of them hide using hoodies or hats, and nearly all of them don't display their weapon until they "need" to. They rely on the "element of surprise" because it's that initial "shock" of the victim that forces them to give in to demands much easier.

IME, when confronted with immediate violence instead of fearful compliance they are instilled with this same "shock" value of fear, panic, and retreat in various methods.

Anyhow, a criminal OCing is so unlikely that I doubt it's even possible but then again there is a whole TV show called "dumbest criminals." :dunno:

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    I agree that it is dumb, too. I used to OC when I carried a full size PX4 Storm, and when I first got my Glock 19. Ended up getting a N82 Tactical IWB holster and switched to CC. What made me decided to go to CC from OC? Comfort. The G19 in the N82 is the most comfortable way I've ever carried. I can almost forget I even have it sometimes. I'm not on Team OC or Team CC. I'm on Team Carry The Damn Thing.

Top Bottom