• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    and even Rodney King knows it and sums it up pretty well. We are all on the same team (or should be). Each side has valid points and clothing style, work enviroment, and body shape has as much to do with the method of carry as which way is perceived as "better".

I do not OC (often) because I am always bumping up against stuff. Now does the fact that I am clumsy mean that CC is better? NO. It's just what I prefer. There is not a single one of us that truley thinks one is "better" than the other 100% of the time. At the end of the day I would rather be around a person that "carries", no matter which method they use, than the other 99% of the population. I would rather have a conversation with any INGO'er no matter how much we may disagree politically than 99% of the rest of the population.

I just wanted to get that off of my chest. Use whatever works for you and remember this statistic. 9 times out of 10 the mere "presence" of a gun ends the crime. Even if that gun is a cheap Raven .25 acp carried by an 85 year old woman who wouldn't know a Serpa from a Sherpa. It's mere presence (the weapon) and her willing to use it increases her odds of survival nearly ten fold.

IMHO lest my words be misconstrued as "testy".:twocents::twocents: 4 cent opinion adjusted for inflation.

Tell them Rodney...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0[/ame]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    rodney-king.jpg

:D

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I would rather have a conversation with any INGO'er no matter how much we may disagree politically than 99% of the rest of the population.

No, there are too many nanny boys on here that think like the 99% you speak of.

Last edited:

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    and even Rodney King knows it and sums it up pretty well. We are all on the same team (or should be). Each side has valid points and clothing style, work enviroment, and body shape has as much to do with the method of carry as which way is perceived as "better".

I do not OC (often) because I am always bumping up against stuff. Now does the fact that I am clumsy mean that CC is better? NO. It's just what I prefer. There is not a single one of us that truley thinks one is "better" than the other 100% of the time. At the end of the day I would rather be around a person that "carries", no matter which method they use, than the other 99% of the population. I would rather have a conversation with any INGO'er no matter how much we may disagree politically than 99% of the rest of the population.

I just wanted to get that off of my chest. Use whatever works for you and remember this statistic. 9 times out of 10 the mere "presence" of a gun ends the crime. Even if that gun is a cheap Raven .25 acp carried by an 85 year old woman who wouldn't know a Serpa from a Sherpa. It's mere presence (the weapon) and her willing to use it increases her odds of survival nearly ten fold.

IMHO lest my words be misconstrued as "testy".:twocents::twocents: 4 cent opinion adjusted for inflation.

Tell them Rodney...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sONfxPCTU0

Do tell where you came up with those stats. As for Rodney being an authority on anything I believe I would find a better poster child. The guy is a low life turd.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

OK...what brought this on? I happen to agree, whole-heartedly, with what you wrote. But I'm thinking there's a story (or thread) behind this.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    They only thing in the middle of the road are yellow stripes and roadkill. Pick a side dammit!
    We, as a nation, are so completely polarized that we can't even reach a compromise when broken down in the smallest subgroups. We have elevated disagreement and being disagreeable to an art form. Wanna have some real fun, go over to archerytalk.com and extol the virtues of hunting deer with a crossbow, it's a hoot. You think the OC/CC debates get ugly? You ain't seen nothin yet.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Do tell where you came up with those stats. As for Rodney being an authority on anything I believe I would find a better poster child. The guy is a low life turd.

The National Rifle Association on the statistic. They are a gun rights group based out of Virginia. The Rodney king thing was a joke. To many of us around during that time (the LA Riots) that "speech" ranks as one of the funniest things we had ever seen on tv.

Top Bottom