• ...and so much more!
  • Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.8%
    80   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you look at cnn.com, the front page has the pic of the "NRA Kills Children" banner. So the banner boys are gonna get the majority of the press on this most likely. For the love of god, why would WLP do a news conference where they could get jumped like that?
    Better to just release a fooking statement directly to the media then to give the opposition a nice photo op like that.....

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I find it utterly amazing after watching the televised statement from Wayne, the talking heads immediately started saying the NRA wants to arm students and teachers for a answer on school shootings. What is going on here? That was not suggested by the NRA at all! Were we watching a different presentation in a parallel universe? Wayne laid out the armed response is to be trained ex LEO's and military. The press and the politicians have a one track mind with only one goal in mind. Ban the weapons, the kids are on their own.

Read my sig line.

Trying to think like a liberal makes my head hurt. I cant make myself that dense. Maybe I should huff some carb cleaner then bash my head with a pipe wrench. Maybe then Ill be in the liberal mindset.

I thought the message was decent maybe a little more on the "assult weapons" ban being useless wouldve been nice. The plan is a start atleast and by no means a be all end all to sensless violent actions but he admitted that it would need to be trimmed to fit.

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I missed it live because I'm at work but just read the manuscript. The only part I didn't like was when he seemed to make the suggestion that video games and violent movies might be to blame. I feel like this is another way to place the blame on something other than the person responsible. I've been playing "violent" video games for a long time and been watching violent movies even longer. I've never ever had he urge to shoot anyone. The biggest harm done by these two media as far as guns go is give people a false sense of reality of the actual capabilities of both firearms and the people who use them.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    My high school had an armed officer always on campus, and the ROTC instructor is a Marine sniper and a SWAT sniper. He CC's as well. It made me feel much safer

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Any person or organization that would push a bill through, such as Indiana's "right to resist bill" as it was written hates law enforcement.

You are misinformed.

SB1 does nothing more than recognize the state of the common law prior to Barnes.

Did the Indiana Supreme Court hate law enforcement pre-Barnes?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Liberal =/= gun control advocate.

True but from who's side do you hear more of this talk coming from?

The liberals have turned this tragedy into a feeding frenzy for gun control advocates.

True conservatives, note I said TRUE conservatives, have been presenting the facts and trying to calm the raging fires fanned by the liberals. The NRA waited a week to respond, the liberal media jumped on this thing like tween girls on the new Justin Bieber album.

Who do you think wants gun control more? True conservatives, or liberals?

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    You are misinformed.

SB1 does nothing more than recognize the state of the common law prior to Barnes.

Uh huh...I could give numerous examples of where a law enforcement officer in Indiana could be murdered and the murderer would have a legal defense for it because of SB1....and it's all because of the NRA! Not to mention the misinformation that they (including the legislators) had spread about it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    could give numerous examples of where a law enforcement officer in Indiana could be murdered and the murdererwould have a legal defense for it because of SB1

If done in self-defense then by definition it is not Murder, but a Justifiable Homicide.

Question: how many police officers were killed in court held self-defense pre-Barnes? Show your work: I'll need links if you have them.

Question: how many dozens of police officers have been killed in court held self-defense post-SB1? Show your work.

I'll wait here.

and it's all because of the NRA! Not to mention the misinformation that they (including the legislators) had spread about it.

Please give us examples of this complained of misinformation.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    If done in self-defense then by definition it is not Murder, but a Justifiable Homicide.

Question: how many police officers were killed in court held self-defense pre-Barnes? Show your work: I'll need links if you have them.

Question: how many dozens of police officers have been killed in court held self-defense post-SB1? Show your work.

I'll wait here.

Please give us examples of this complained of misinformation.

I'm not talking about in self defense situations, that bill is terribly written, why do you think that Jud McMillin (the attorney that wrote the bill) said in a news article that he hoped that it had passed without law enforcement knowing?

As far as how many officers have been killed because of SB1? None, thank goodness, but I think that SB1 has the potential to kill more citizens that LEO's for their lack of knowledge or misinterpretaion of the law. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean that it never will!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Uh huh...I could give numerous examples of where a law enforcement officer in Indiana could be murdered and the murderer would have a legal defense for it because of SB1....and it's all because of the NRA! Not to mention the misinformation that they (including the legislators) had spread about it.

So are you really willing to loose your rights because you refuse to back the biggest and strongest organization out there trying thier damnedest to save what little we will have left after this whole ****storm blows through?

This is not the time for division amongst allies! You dont have to agree with everything the NRA says or does just know they are pro 2A, and they are they ones who will be taking this thing head on. Along with other groups like SAF and GOA. Join them all.

TheReaper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Southeastern IN
    So are you really willing to loose your rights because you refuse to back the biggest and strongest organization out there trying thier damnedest to save what little we will have left after this whole ****storm blows through?

This is not the time for division amongst allies! You dont have to agree with everything the NRA says or does just know they are pro 2A, and they are they ones who will be taking this thing head on. Along with other groups like SAF and GOA. Join them all.

The NRA will never get a penny of my money ever again!

Top Bottom