Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    N on
    A thletic
    S port
    C entered
    A round
    R ednecks

Wheeling a car at 190 mph for 4 hours when the inside of the car reaches temps of 135 degrees... I’d say it takes some athleticism. YouTube sports science Denny Hamlin. He swallowed a capsule that transmitted his heart rate and body temps during a race. Pretty interesting watch even if you don’t like racing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Wheeling a car at 190 mph for 4 hours when the inside of the car reaches temps of 135 degrees... I’d say it takes some athleticism. YouTube sports science Denny Hamlin. He swallowed a capsule that transmitted his heart rate and body temps during a race. Pretty interesting watch even if you don’t like racing.
    The pit crews are no slouches either. They train just like any other professional athletes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It may not look like it but a hot pit stop on an indy car will send your Adrenal glands into full tilt. Especially doing right sides.
    Until you have dove over the wall with a right rear a wheel gun and pull hose behind you....dodge hot angry screaming race cars buzzing you as they head back out into battle it is just hard to explain. I was involved when the pit lane speed limit was not even a thought. Those guys were dead in the loud peddles leaving.

Great times me droogies great days indeed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It may not look like it but a hot pit stop on an indy car will send your Adrenal glands into full tilt. Especially doing right sides.
    Until you have dove over the wall with a right rear a wheel gun and pull hose behind you....dodge hot angry screaming race cars buzzing you as they head back out into battle it is just hard to explain. I was involved when the pit lane speed limit was not even a thought. Those guys were dead in the loud peddles leaving.

Great times me droogies great days indeed.
    Do Indy cars even use jackmen anymore, or have they gone the way of F1 where the "jack" comes out of the bottom of the car and lifts it up (all 4 wheels at a time)?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Do Indy cars even use jackmen anymore, or have they gone the way of F1 where the "jack" comes out of the bottom of the car and lifts it up (all 4 wheels at a time)?

They have had pneumatic jacks under the cars for years now. My 1st experience was in 1981 and that was my 1st job on the car. Put the jack's and lines in the chassis. Crew member plugs the nitrogen into the receiver and the tank vent int the other receiver. Fuel guy plus in and when the fuel runs up the clear vent line the vent is pulled, fuel man disengages, if all 4 corners are done the nitrogen is pulled and the car hits the ground.

Last edited:

Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    There is a website called 2ndvote.com This site rates companies on who and what organizations they support They rate them on a scale of 1-5 1 being liberal agendas and 5 being conservative agendas. I looked up NASCAR and it seems they support religious liberty and also support opposing relgious liberty. If i read that correctly it would seem that they are just playing both sides of the fence hoping not to pee anyone off?
    Just business decisions although I don't know why they need to get involved in any of it. Nascar has lost sooooo much fan support in recent years they may be really on their heels?

2ndvote evidently needs to update their site. No mention of Nascar's recent decision to "gradual shift" with respect to the 2nd amendment. That is 1 of the 5 categories they rate companies on.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom