Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Remember the SKS barbecue?

Again, let's keep it civil!

Thank you for doing so in my previous post.

Ya'll rock! :rockwoot:

Josh

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Josh,
    I gotta ask. Don't live in the area, or have a dog in that hunt, but aren't we sick of the word ban - ban - ban?
    More importantly, unless he can be proven guilty of a crime, how do you propose to do such a thing?

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Josh,
    I gotta ask. Don't live in the area, or have a dog in that hunt, but aren't we sick of the word ban - ban - ban?
    More importantly, unless he can be proven guilty of a crime, how do you propose to do such a thing?

Yep, most certainly tired of the word "ban."

Now, when Don thought it would get him in good, he built a barbecue pit out front of one of his stores and started throwing in SKS carbines &c. Just stuff that wouldn't cost him a lot of money at the time. But it got him in good with the anti-gunners.

He's an opportunist, deals under the table, and gives us all a bad name. Many (most?) guns used in crimes in the area and even up in Gary and Chicago can be traced to his store. It's rumored he has connections to less-than-legal activities, but last I knew that was only an allegation and I don't think it's allowed to be discussed here beyond informing that it's not allowed to be discussed here. :rolleyes:

Don is a demonstrable enemy of gun owners. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that he's a big part of the problem.

Josh

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Now, when Don thought it would get him in good, he built a barbecue pit out front of one of his stores and started throwing in SKS carbines &c. Just stuff that wouldn't cost him a lot of money at the time. But it got him in good with the anti-gunners.

He's an opportunist, deals under the table, and gives us all a bad name. Many (most?) guns used in crimes in the area and even up in Gary and Chicago can be traced to his store. It's rumored he has connections to less-than-legal activities, but last I knew that was only an allegation and I don't think it's allowed to be discussed here beyond informing that it's not allowed to be discussed here. :rolleyes:

Don is a demonstrable enemy of gun owners. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that he's a big part of the problem.

Josh

Yeah. Seen and read the stories and "crime gun" stats here and elsewhere, and a few short interviews. Looks like a real piece of ... work. Was just curious if you had a way to get rid of him, as far as actually running him out of business or out of the state.
    If the poll is more a thumbs down or "yeah, he's a scumbag" it may well be unanimous, yet seems rather ineffective without addressing how he is to be "banned".

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Yeah. Seen and read the stories and "crime gun" stats here and elsewhere, and a few short interviews. Looks like a real piece of ... work. Was just curious if you had a way to get rid of him, as far as actually running him out of business or out of the state.
    If the poll is more a thumbs down or "yeah, he's a scumbag" it may well be unanimous, yet seems rather ineffective without addressing how he is to be "banned".

Anti-gunners are not the brightest people on earth. Yet, they have a purpose: They make noise.

I would suppose if we set them onto The Don, they wouldn't stop.

It would also distract and perhaps detract from their other activities...

Just sayin'...

Josh

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ban him? hell no! He has every right to operate his business as he sees fit with in the confines of the law.

Put him out of business through word of mouth, absolutely.

big difference here.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont know the guy, never went to his store and never will.
    If you dont like him then dont go to his store, its simple enough.Nobody is forcing you to buy anything from him so there is no need to "ban" anything or anyone.
    I dont even understand the question and the goal of that poll.
    So if the majority of people vote "yes we should ban him" he will then be sent out of the state, out of the country maybe???
    I guess the more you talk about him the more business you will bring him so if you dont like him just dont talk about him.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'd be content if the newsies would simply stop using him as the local gun owner's mouthpiece.

"Ban"? No.

Boycott? Absolutely.

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    I voted no. I don't think that banning him (whatever that means) is where i am at. now saying that, I visited his store once, and plan to never shadow the door of his stores again. Prices are too high, and just watching one of his TV spots makes me want to take a bath in bleach to remove the slime.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd be content if the newsies would simply stop using him as the local gun owner's mouthpiece.

Yep, we need our own "talking head" spokesperson to get to the media outlets. Someone intelligent and well spoken who can think (and talk) on their feet. Someone who cleans up well, understanding the importance of looking professional.

This spokesperson should be young, with a plan to be the media contact representing Indiana gun owners for many years to come. Someone prepared to develop contact information and send out press releases reactionary and preemptive. Someone who will angle for the interviews to get the camera and microphone away from Don Davis (and others.)

Our spokesperson should have a moderate personality.;) One that could gracefully and respectfully explain to the press that Don does not represent us and know when it might be appropriate to do that. The same sentiment could and should be applied to Richard Lugar.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    It's his business, how he runs it and his mouth is not for me to decide.
    While I may not agree with his business tactics, I'm not obligated to shop there.

No doubt, his business does attract some shady characters and an enormous amount of sales do seem to end up in the wrong hands..........

But he is still meeting the requirements of the law.

Personally, I'm not fond of the guy, spoken to him on a few occasions, flown the same flights to Florida, and he lives less than three miles from me.
    He is a colorful, mouthy character that enjoys an audience.

On a positive note,
    Don Davis offered to provide each and every Johnson County Sheriffs car the device that jump starts a persons failed heart.

He also agreed to pay for the training of the Deputies in use of the equipment.

I still don't invite hime over for milk and cookies,
    but he has done a couple of decent things for the community that he lives in.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    This Liberal says Boycott! Vote with your dollars.
    I've bought most of my guns at Bradis'. They're good peeps, got good prices.

How scary, a liberal with multiple guns! :):

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Yep, we need our own "talking head" spokesperson to get to the media outlets. Someone intelligent and well spoken who can think (and talk) on their feet. Someone who cleans up well, understanding the importance of looking professional.

This spokesperson should be young, with a plan to be the media contact representing Indiana gun owners for many years to come. Someone prepared to develop contact information and send out press releases reactionary and preemptive. Someone who will angle for the interviews to get the camera and microphone away from Don Davis (and others.)

Our spokesperson should have a moderate personality.;) One that could gracefully and respectfully explain to the press that Don does not represent us and know when it might be appropriate to do that. The same sentiment could and should be applied to Richard Lugar.

this right here has been quoted for truth:rockwoot:

best answer here so far

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    We have a "mouth piece", or well, a really good spokesman if nothing else. Greg @ BGF did a hell of a job a couple of weeks back.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We have a "mouth piece", or well, a really good spokesman if nothing else. Greg @ BGF did a hell of a job a couple of weeks back.

Yes, and so did IndyGunSafety a bit ago when called upon by the media. The problem is these fine speakers, who represent us well, are at the mercy of whether, or if, the media will contact them again.

Until someone other than Don is the "go to" gun commentator for any of the media outlets, he will be the authority in the minds of the uninformed. We need to get in front of that.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I'm with the majority on this one. "BAN" No boycott absolutely. And I agree we need to find another person for the media to become the "GOTO" gun store for video clips. I vote Cheeks at PSS.

Top Bottom