• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    Found this posted today on the /r/guns subreddit. Definitely a different take on the Mosin...

367bq.jpg

Here's the original posts comments if you want more info about it.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    +1 for effort.

-1 for bipod on the barrel (kills barrel harmonics and accuracy)
    -1 for bolt action bull-pup with the bolt handle way behind the trigger hand (would be very hard to manipulate without getting out from behind the rifle

So, overall, good try, but -1.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    +1 for effort.

-1 for bipod on the barrel (kills barrel harmonics and accuracy)
    -1 for bolt action bull-pup with the bolt handle way behind the trigger hand (would be very hard to manipulate without getting out from behind the rifle

So, overall, good try, but -1.

Even with the bullpup setup it's still longer than any of my other rifles. :laugh:

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I cant remember what the name of the company is, but those stocks are machined out of aluminum and Delrin. Probably the toughest synthetics Ive really ever seen. Also the most hideous. they do make stocks for SKS and AK also. The AK one makes it an SBR and looks like a futuristic arm extension weapon. If you get any of these in white, it makes you look like a stormtrooper.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven

green55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Marion County
    If you can pull the trigger left handed, you can manipulate that bolt with your right hand and probably make for some quick firing. For what it is, I tip my hat. It does look futuristic I guess and is TECHNICALLY a weapon based on the Mosin Nagant action/barrel, but it stops there IMO. Definitely not still a MN.

I'd be more interested to see a flipped version where a right-handed shooter could lay prone, fire right-handed, and have with his/her left hand at the ready to manipulate the bolt. I know that that would mean machining probably an entirely new bolt carrier, but it's a challenge!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I fire "right handed" bolts left handed in just that manner, and it's a definite advantage as long as you're not trying to use the sling for stability. I can rip out 10 aimed shots in about 15 seconds on my Ishi Enfield. Wouldn't want it next to my ear, though. Definitely get the bipod off the barrel, at least if you've lucked into one of the ones that will hold moa. There may however be some potential to squeeze out some accuracy if you free-floated the barrel, etc. No reason to make it goofy looking, though.

Top Bottom