• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Heck, I thought some of them looked pretty good. Haha

To some people eatting is an event and everything must be pleasing to the eye and palate.

To the rest of us it as way to fuel our bodies with the necessary calories to keep it running.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have two sons that blow these theories away. Let's not forget genetics.

Yeah, Cody, my oldest, looks like he is in dire need of a double cheeseburger with bacon, fries, and a soda STAT!

Kid eats the most out of any of them and won't put on any weight.
    He stinks.
    :):

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i know our schools offer fruits and veggies but get over looked by the kids.... some of that is the kids/parents fault but also will pass blame to the schools as well for offering less then healthy good stuff.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My wife is a school lunch lady. Google lunch lady land and watch Chris Farley and Adam Sandler do a skit about lunch ladies. I play it for my wife every once in a while. She worked as a waitress for Hooters for a little while so she's not your typical lunch lady.

I eat lunch with my daughter every now and then and look at the menu to see which day I'm going. I'd say that at least 25% if not closer than 50% of the food served goes down the garbage disposal. You'll see kids not touch a single thing on their tray. I sure wouldn't want the responsibilty of the food service director to plan the meals on the budgets they are given.

My wife works at the elementary where they have about 30 man hours per day to feed 5-600 kids. That includes washing all the tables, dishes, and kids trays. How much of a meal are they supposed to really "cook" with so little time? The dumped are that our food service director works under her budget and doesn't want to spend any money. Supposedly the school is using her budget excess when they aren't allowed to. If this is all true, I'm guessing the director does this for job security.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    looks like the same stuff vendors sell at a race track, the bbq meatballs look delicious, it must be that watery orange looking goop surrounding the meat. taco patty?wtf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I eat lunch with my daughter every now and then and look at the menu to see which day I'm going. I'd say that at least 25% if not closer than 50% of the food served goes down the garbage disposal. You'll see kids not touch a single thing on their tray. I sure wouldn't want the responsibilty of the food service director to plan the meals on the budgets they are given.
    When I ate lunch with my son at his school I noticed the same thing that you point out here. I heard all about how many kids supposedly weren't able to eat at home due to being low-income, but I sure couldn't tell it at school. Full cartons of milk, bowls of fruit, whole pieces of fruit, etc. were all dumped straight into the trash. My son got his ears pinned back a time or two by me when I saw him throw untouched food into the trash after he was done eating.

Top Bottom