• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Holy Taco found a site where a school was posting pics of the "lunches" they were serving the children in their schools. Now, this is actually pretty standard fare, for school "lunches" all across the country and it's likely your kids have had these very things served to them. And people wonder why we have a problem with overweight kids in this country?

The Most Disgusting School Lunches

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I eat lunch with my kids every 2 weeks or so at there school. The lunches that they serve at schools has nothing to do with why kids are fat.

Do you have a different angle to work?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    BS. I look over the local schools menus on a frequent basis and they're loaded with with fats, carbs and calories. Are there other factors, as well as the lunches, sure there are. But the lunches aren't helping the problem in the least. I speak to this as someone with many years experience in the industry. School lunches are abysmal.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Makes me miss the chili and peanut butter sandwich meal the most from grade school.

Dunking the peanut butter sandwich in the chili before eating. mmmmmmmm.

I never had a problem eating any of the meals served at school.
    In full disclosure I will eat just about anything.
    (ok..... no spiders..... well maybe if they are fried and then just the legs)

Kids are fat because they are spending too much time with technology and not enough time living.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Kids are fat because they are spending too much time with technology and not enough time living.

And parents are not cooking meals in the morning for breakfast or dinner at night.

Then again its hard to be a good role model when 90% of the parents are over weight too.

LOL, the school lunches has so little to do with over weight kids.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009

And because their over weight parnets pass down their eating habits. Working in restaurants you see it often....The Mom and Dady who come in and order 2 helpings of Bisquits and gravy (each) with 3 extra sides and a DIET soda. The child always over eats as well....Sad really.

I remember my school lunches. None of them looked anything like the pictures above. The grossest thing we had was a octogan shaped pizza.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    HAHA. I was hardly ever what you would call "satisfied" after eating a lunch in high school. even after 2 lunches, I would frequently still be hungry. I doubt that the meager portions are making kids fat at the school I went to, but if they served a satisfying sized meal, I'm sure that they would.

those meals look like what they serve in jail, only with maybe some flavor added

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    HAHA. I was hardly ever what you would call "satisfied" after eating a lunch in high school. even after 2 lunches, I would frequently still be hungry. I doubt that the meager portions are making kids fat at the school I went to, but if they served a satisfying sized meal, I'm sure that they would.

those meals look like what they serve in jail, only with maybe some flavor added

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have to agree with the others. School lunches aren't the problem, sitting in front of TV's, Video Games, and Computers is the problem. The school lunch portions, even when high in fat and calories is not enough to make a kid obese. If you want to pick at school nutrition, then focus on getting snack/candy and soda vending machines removed. (that won't happen though, too much money is being made there...)

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Now I know why I am fat.......Damn school lunches,they should have starved me to death,and then my brain would not have developed. Kids need the fats,carbs and calories.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    I grew up in Alabama , we had the best school lunches you could possibly imagine . The rolls, fried chicken ,we even had shrimp and fish every now and then yum yum .......except for collards .

But.............................what the _____ that looks like some of the crap I made when I was single and high ..

TACO PATTY :eek:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have to agree with the others. School lunches aren't the problem, sitting in front of TV's, Video Games, and Computers is the problem. The school lunch portions, even when high in fat and calories is not enough to make a kid obese. If you want to pick at school nutrition, then focus on getting snack/candy and soda vending machines removed. (that won't happen though, too much money is being made there...)

Yep that and the fact that not many parents let their kids stay out all day peddling a bicycle anymore, it just does not seem as safe as it used to be.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Which are great things for young, growing children.

Not from processed cheese product, taco patties, HFCS, and corn dogs. Fresh fruits and vegetables are practically non-existent in school lunches. Processed white bread that you dip in canned, high sodium tomato sauce, with a side of HFCS apple sauce isn't actual food. It's extremely cheap, processed crap.

Are there much difference in the lunches in the article and eating at McDonald's everyday?

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    No, school lunches aren't the sole reason for childhood obesity, but they certainly don't help instill habits of good healthy eating.

Technology isn't the cause of the problem either. Diet has much more to do with weight loss or gain than exercise.

The overabundance of relatively inexpensive calorie dense processed foods and drinks in conjunction with sedentary lifestyles is the real issue. The calories from school lunches are just a fraction of calories consumed.

dieselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Bloomington
    id say the biggest problem is that school lunches suck so bad, kids just have a couple bags of chips and other junk food for lunch instead of the prepared food... i did that a lot.

Top Bottom