• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    It is legal. I would be careful about using the term "sawed off shotgun", it usually invokes images of illegal gangster weapons.

right, It's legal as long as the barrel is 18" or over and the over-all-length of the shotgun isn't "too short". Unfortunately, I can't remember this magic OAL number.

-J-

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I can't remember what that length is either but the actual measurement of the gun from barrel tip to the end of the junior sized buttstock is 32.5". I kind of remember checking this number out to make sure the gun is not illegal. Since I didn't throw the gun in the river it must be legal. Anyone know the legal overall minimum length requirement on a shotgun?

Apokalypsi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Speedway
    I don't have to waste any ammo on moles. My black lab digs up their tunnels and gets them. After a few each summer, we generally don't see anymore in the yard. They decide to go AROUND the yard ;). We do end up with a few trenches, but that's nothing a little extra dirt won't fix.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Gentlemen, I am the molemaster.
    Whatcha need, ya see, are five things.
    1. Lawnchair in a shady spot close to tunnels.
    2. Six pack of your favorite beverage.
    3. twelve guage, open choked as you can get.
    4. Patience
    5. A really patient wife.

And there you have it!
    No, no, really, no money, your thanks and warm wishes are more than enough!!

:40oz::bacondance::bacondance::shoot:

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    I took a mole with a firearm once. Saw the ground moving, grabbed the M16/.22/suppressor and dumped two mags into the general vicinity. Got the mole... :D

I can only imagine the sight of that.. Me- standing on the same level as you, a couple hundred yards away, seeing you aiming at the ground directly in front of you, M16 in hands, dumping 2 magazines into the ground, you looking crazy and me running away. Something like that.. :):

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you get rid of the grubs (which are killing your lawn) the molle will just leave.

Wrong!

98% of a mole's diet is earthworm. However, a grub is like steak to a mole whereas the worm is like a hotdog.
    If a yard has a healthy earthworm population there's a good chance to have a mole. If your yard has grubs the mole will hunt them out and eat them 1st.
    The eastern mole is the most common in the average hoosier lawn. The Star nose mole is most common around pond and lake areas. The star nose mole can actually swim under water to get its meal.

I've had a 3b and 7a license from the OISC (Office of Indiana State Chemist) since 2000 and have dealt will mole problems for years.

Here's a little info from my school.
    Moles in Lawn - Plant and Pest Diagnostic Laboratory, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
    Wildlife Conflicts Information on Moles
    Moles And Myths: Are They Friends Or Foes?

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    No no he's not dead, he's, he's resting! Remarkable mole, the Norwegian Brown, isn't it, ay?

Beautiful plumage! :):

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Moles I don't have to deal with, my 3 lab mixes take care of them for me, lol. And they also help me out with possums and raccoons. But when one of those are around I normally still have to do the shooting, just don't have to hunt them out, lol

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Anyway, just wondered if anyone else hunts molles in their yard. Sorry no pics.
    Here's the last one I found in the yard. Is this what yours looks like?

IMG_0861.jpg

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

Dead mole.
    I knew you would, I had no doubt. :rockwoot::laugh::laugh:

I just had my liner in my pool replaced, during the process some moles sarted to do some damage to the walls. My 10 year old son called me at work having killed his first mole with a rough rider bb gun. :D

Top Bottom