• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is this factual? Are more people unemployed now, than the day after Obama took office in 2008? :dunno:

The question you should be asking every time someone touts the
    "WE CREATED NEW JOBS LAST MONTH!!" is what kind of jobs.

They never mention that, do they?

Many of these new jobs are low wage jobs.
    There isn't any growth in a higher wage area.

Wealth is being destroyed, wages are coming down.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Markets react to forces, like government. Government creates pressure on the market, the market reacts. So the excuse that it is just the market being the market is just ignorant. Never mind the forest, don't let the tree your staring at fall on you.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    They aren't "lost jobs" they are relocated jobs, usually to different countries. The demand still exists when a factory closes... the supply center just gets relocated to a different country or corporation.

The best way to fix illegal immigration you ask? Move all the factories to Mexico

Cequent moves to Mexico

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    But the demand for the product still exists, correct?

As expenses increase so does the increased end price to the consumer. For goods and services that are generally optional, the higher the price the lower the utility and demand decreases. So no... the demand, at the adjusted price point, does not still exist.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ok, so these reductions were good business.

As much as I prefer not to see it happen, given the choice between transferring production to a foreign country or staying here and having a broom stick shoved up your ass in form of punitive taxation and regulation, moving out of the country is in fact good business.

Don't pour bleach into your flower pot and then get upset when nothing will grow in it.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    High paying technical jobs do not have to be created. There are probably enough of those to go around. The problem might be that there are not enough people to fill them. I have personally interviewed many a college graduate for positions in the environmental department of my agency. You would be surprised at how much of most of their transcripts are taken up with classes such as wine-tasting, history of comic books and other useless topic and volleyball. The grades in their core curriculum classes have a lot of Cs, Is and Ws and not As or Bs. If I was their parents and cared how my money was being spent, the kids would have to produce better grades and take real classes or else they would not be messing around in college. These kids about which I am talking are from schools that you have heard about.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    High paying technical jobs do not have to be created. There are probably enough of those to go around. The problem might be that there are not enough people to fill them. I have personally interviewed many a college graduate for positions in the environmental department of my agency. You would be surprised at how much of most of their transcripts are taken up with classes such as wine-tasting, history of comic books and other useless topic and volleyball. The grades in their core curriculum classes have a lot of Cs, Is and Ws and not As or Bs. If I was their parents and cared how my money was being spent, the kids would have to produce better grades and take real classes or else they would not be messing around in college. These kids about which I am talking are from schools that you have heard about.

That makes for a well rounded education! Funny, the biggest mouthpieces for that are the ones holding the degrees.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    add another one

Day after election my company- which is a big named telecom company -laid off all contractors and quoted the election... some cuts to come for full time employees as well...posturing maybe but loss of jobs none the less!!:(

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

In my son's case, he took a class on gaming to avoid some of the more obnoxious PC stuff offered to meet the gen. ed. requirement. He is a dual major computer science/theoretical mathematics.

These kids spend at least the first year taking these kinds of classes. You know, 'squeezing four years into five', at a cost of thousands of dollars.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    The first part or the second? The first part was dripping with sarcasm.

The second. Where do you get that folks with degrees are screaming for more of the "well rounded" classes. Many of us hated the heck out of that, and abhor spending the extra time on useless bs classes.... or do I misread what you meant?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom