• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I agree with Damned Yankee, back in the day I religiously attended every show around, today, E Bay, Gunbroker,an occasional LGS, and above all INGO classifieds is where I shop. Bset of all and kudo's to guys like Grunt and Shoots for the play by play narrative updates of the show.:ingo::patriot:

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    There was a guy in the big room that had several used clocks, your choice for $499. I'm thinking he was kind of in the middle of the middle of that room. I'm not in the market for one so I didn't pay attention to his location. I just know he still had several left late in the day today.

Good luck with your search.

Those are all HPD prefix ex police guns. Glock 30 and 22's If I recall correctly. I picked up a G-35 from him at the last show. Does he still have the "weathered" Remington 870? There is a member here looking for one:D . Banner reads "Jack's Stuff"

Last edited:

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    For those worried about the lines, even though it seemed like I walked further to get in line than I did to get there from the parking lot, the line moved fast once the doors opened. It didn't seem any more crowded inside this time than other times.

I still had fun even though I didn't find a new gun. I usually just buy ammo & accessories at the 1500, even pre-panic. I go mostly to look around, hold guns and visit with other gun people. It all depends on what you're looking for if you're trying to determine if the show will be worth it to you.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For those worried about the lines, even though it seemed like I walked further to get in line than I did to get there from the parking lot, the line moved fast once the doors opened. It didn't seem any more crowded inside this time than other times.

I still had fun even though I didn't find a new gun. I usually just buy ammo & accessories at the 1500, even pre-panic. I go mostly to look around, hold guns and visit with other gun people. It all depends on what you're looking for if you're trying to determine if the show will be worth it to you.

Make sure you don't get the order of those mixed up.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The democrat controlled Senate Committee has approved the Gun Ban proposed by Senator Diane Feinstein. Supposedly this bill has little to no chance of getting past the full Senate or the House of Representatives. We will have to wait and see. This administration is capable of many things. This is not going to help the pricing situation.
    Pricing, and might I add, the supply either. Clowns up here are selling their Remington 550 packs of Golden Bullets for sixty bucks...and getting it. Crap, time to trade em' in for a few crossbows...lol.:twocents:

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    My experience at the 1500. Saturday

Went with my son in law, arrived at about 2pm. Had to park clear on the west end and walk all the way back. Plenty of open spaces.

NO line to speak of to get in at 2 pm.

Ammo prices were high, some better prices than others.

I was looking more for components to reload:
    Note: "Decently priced" means comparably priced w/ internet.
    New brass, no, not any I found. Once fired, some at a half way decent price.
    Primers, I score some at $43/1K, most others were at $60/1k. Sheesh.
    Powder, almost non existant, finally got 2 lbs. in the back of the hall, but not what I really wanted. It'll do tho. The vendor was apologetic for the lack of selection and price ($30/lb.)
    Bullets, not as bad supply wise, some decently priced.

Gun prices? I wasn't really looking, but I noticed they were all over the map. Same gun could vary as much as $100 to $200 in price. (Saw Rossi Mares Leg vary by $200.) There was a Remington 700 I had been interested in in the past, I agonized over before I came to my senses and fought back the urge. It was a good price.

Heard one vendor say that Friday was the busiest day for them.

Stopped by the INGO booth and had a nice chat with one of the staff on duty. Bought a hat to show my pride. :rockwoot:

My son-in-law was amused by the candy, jerky, and other vendors (it was his first time at the 1500.) He was surprised how big it was.
    Hope others had as good an experience as I did with my S-I-L.

Still not as good as in years past, but at least it wasn't a zoo trying to get in and do the rounds.

Top Bottom