The Libertarian Party Race is Filling Up?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yes, he means a boot on our necks. Believe me, we understand the libertarian position--OBEY!

Oh, so this is just another of your **** and moan and yell about libertarians posts? Figured as much. At least libertarians won't be voting for a ****ing Oompa Loompa come November. Enjoy your wallowing.

And, if you're going to quote people, use their full quotes. No need to be a douche lawyer. Oh, wait...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK fellas. People are starting to watch so here we go "Again"
    I know these are crazy times but keep it civil please.
    I will not ask again and if ignored as I have been of late the HAMMER will come into play.

Carry on.....nicely please.

-CM-

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    OK fellas. People are starting to watch so here we go "Again"
    I know these are crazy times but keep it civil please.
    I will not ask again and if ignored as I have been of late the HAMMER will come into play.

Carry on.....nicely please.

-CM-

You mean you're actually going to do something about Kirk's trolling? Colour me shocked.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Old news and he's caught 9 kinds of hell for that. I, and other libertarians, understand what he means, but he's wrong on this issue. Not that he, as president, would have any power to move things in that direction, (since that's where we currently stand anyway).
    So he's forgiven because he caught 9 kinds of hell?

Nope. She isn't one of the candidates that will be voted on in Orlando at our convention.

Well, when you choose a candidate at your convention you think you guys could do me a solid and pick one that isn't bat**** crazy? I'd like the option of third party in case I can't go through with voting for the godking. Seems like Austin Peterson might have a lick of sense. The others, to me seem like they'd follow their ideology all the way off a cliff.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So he's forgiven because he caught 9 kinds of hell?

Well, when you choose a candidate at your convention you think you guys could do me a solid and pick one that isn't bat**** crazy? I'd like the option of third party in case I can't go through with voting for the godking. Seems like Austin Peterson might have a lick of sense. The others, to me seem like they'd follow their ideology all the way off a cliff.

Nope. No-one's forgiven him for that. We are continuing to raise hell with him and get him to see the error of his ways. Peterson is OK, but he's just not mature enough, IMO. He goes off on the web too often and gets riled too easily. Not a good attribute in a candidate. If Macafee didn't have so much negative baggage I'd line up with him on a lot of issues. If I had to guess though, from all I've seen and heard from the delegates, it looks like Johnson will be the choice at the convention. He's not bat**** crazy, he just doesn't see eye to eye with everyone. I agree with him on 80% or so of the issues, but he loses me on some of his views, (not a fan of the Fair Tax or his adherence to some of the anti-discrimination laws out there). If he's the nominee I'll likely vote for him. He's no turd like Barr was and he's head and shoulders above Trump and Hillary.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nope. No-one's forgiven him for that. We are continuing to raise hell with him and get him to see the error of his ways. Peterson is OK, but he's just not mature enough, IMO. He goes off on the web too often and gets riled too easily. Not a good attribute in a candidate. If Macafee didn't have so much negative baggage I'd line up with him on a lot of issues. If I had to guess though, from all I've seen and heard from the delegates, it looks like Johnson will be the choice at the convention. He's not bat**** crazy, he just doesn't see eye to eye with everyone. I agree with him on 80% or so of the issues, but he loses me on some of his views, (not a fan of the Fair Tax or his adherence to some of the anti-discrimination laws out there). If he's the nominee I'll likely vote for him. He's no turd like Barr was and he's head and shoulders above Trump and Hillary.

McCafee and Johnson both strike me crazy. Not that I can't find things to agree with them on. I agreed with McCafee on many things, but he is eccentrically nutty. Johnson's crazy in a different way. Just didn't agree with him on many things, and he strikes me, as I said, as someone who would follow his ideology off a cliff.

You're right about Peterson. In the debates I've seen he comes off as canned. Too many canned responses. Memorized too many famous quotes from libertarian heroes. Give him a few years to let life's stone washing knock some of the edges off. Maybe he could be pretty solid someday.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Ya-
    Pride and Value. Voting for those candidates will guarantee Hillary the election.

Chess!
    Doesn't anybody play anymore? You can not win without sacrifice.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    McCafee and Johnson both strike me crazy. Not that I can't find things to agree with them on. I agreed with McCafee on many things, but he is eccentrically nutty. Johnson's crazy in a different way. Just didn't agree with him on many things, and he strikes me, as I said, as someone who would follow his ideology off a cliff.

You're right about Peterson. In the debates I've seen he comes off as canned. Too many canned responses. Memorized too many famous quotes from libertarian heroes. Give him a few years to let life's stone washing knock some of the edges off. Maybe he could be pretty solid someday.

Peterson is the pure libertarian, Johnson is of the more pragmatic libertarian strain.
    Libertarians might like what Peterson says but the first clip of him on CNN trying to explain what's wrong with the civil rights act and he's done. To be a viable party I believe libertarians will have to pick their battles and move towards the more pragmatic.

Top Bottom