• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SamW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    W. Lafayette
    I don't live in Indiana, but I am fairly certain that the law applies to shotguns and rifles only and since the Judge is considered a pistol, the barrel length isn't a concern. I could be wrong though. It's happened once before. ;)

Right, but my question is about the application of the term 'shotgun'
    Is it the ability to fire multiple projectiles? Or the designation from the factory?

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Right, but my question is about the application of the term 'shotgun'
    Is it the ability to fire multiple projectiles? Or the designation from the factory?

Here's your answer:

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]IC 35-47-1-11[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]"Shotgun"[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Sec. 11. "Shotgun" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger.[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Here's the link.[/FONT][/FONT]

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    That also means that this little guy might actually be legal in Indiana :)::
    ser_shorty_big.jpg

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    own one and shoot it often

I bought one for my wife and she is very fond of it. She will hit skeet with it using 71/2 shot and it is very effective as a defense handgun as measured by its penetration into wood and other objects.

I would definitely buy it again.

Terry

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Have you only looked, or have you fired? The photographic evidence is impressive, especially the live shoot. IMHO, finding a proper holster is the problem. Pat.

Here you go

Home BLACKHAWK!

Serpa+belt loop+paddle Holster fits Taurus Judge (right hand)

I got mine at Ace and Rico's in Lafayette for about $45 out the door

Edit: Model # 410540BK-R
    Blackhawk CQC Serpa Holster
    Taurus Judge TM finish
    MSRP $48.99

This is ONLY available for the 2-1/2" chamber models!:dunno:

Last edited:

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    i shot my judge with the new personal defense shot shells and they are awesome. Seriously. Also, i shot a box of 45 long colt and the revolver is pretty accurate at 10 to 15 yards. If you had to shoot a human at that distance you're looking at very competitive accuracy compared with other handguns.

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    i shot my judge with the new personal defense shot shells and they are awesome. Seriously. Also, i shot a box of 45 long colt and the revolver is pretty accurate at 10 to 15 yards. If you had to shoot a human at that distance you're looking at very competitive accuracy compared with other handguns.

On top of that, they just look damn cool too. :D

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    The Serbu Super Shorty is an AOW rather than a short-barreled shotgun, and thus is legal in Indiana.

Member bigcraig has one that the INGO NFA crowd (me included) loves to use and abuse.

shooter_serbu1.jpg

Wow. That just looks seriously dangerous. Even with the left hand on the grip, I would expect that thing to pop up and hit me in the forehead. Is it difficult to manage a well aimed shot?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Wow. That just looks seriously dangerous. Even with the left hand on the grip, I would expect that thing to pop up and hit me in the forehead. Is it difficult to manage a well aimed shot?

Nope.

Although, 3" magnum rounds do sting the hands a slight bit.

Look thru the vids from NFA day, there are a few of the Serbu being shot.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Wow. That just looks seriously dangerous. Even with the left hand on the grip, I would expect that thing to pop up and hit me in the forehead.

Hardly. Here's a pic of the Serbu in full recoil, shooting LE 00 Buck.
    shooter_serbu_recoil.jpg

Proper grip and stance greatly contribute to controllability, as does load selection. With anything short of 3" magnums, I could literally shoot that gun all day. It's a LOT of fun.

Is it difficult to manage a well aimed shot?

Aiming is more of an art than a science, as there are no sights; you just gotta use the top of the receiver and barrel as a sighting plane. It's pretty easy to get the hang of, though.

Here's a clip of 40calPUNISHER and bigcraig running the tables at the NFA Day Alumni Shoot, using their .460S&W and Serbu, respectively.

End of :hijack:

Last edited:

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Hardly. Here's a pic of the Serbu in full recoil, shooting LE 00 Buck.
    shooter_serbu_recoil.jpg

Proper grip and stance greatly contribute to controllability, as does load selection. With anything short of 3" magnums, I could literally shoot that gun all day. It's a LOT of fun.

Aiming is more of an art than a science, as there are no sights; you just gotta use the top of the receiver and barrel as a sighting plane. It's pretty easy to get the hang of, though.

Here's a clip of 40calPUNISHER and bigcraig running the tables at the NFA Day Alumni Shoot, using their .460S&W and Serbu, respectively.

End of :hijack:

AWESOME! Thanks for that. Seriously incredible stuff. I just can't stop saying, "WOW".

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    IIRC as long as it has a rifled barrel it would be legal.

I think we've already established that. That's why I copied an excerpt directly from the Indiana State law.

Here's your answer:

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]IC 35-47-1-11[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]"Shotgun"[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Sec. 11. "Shotgun" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger.[/FONT]
    [FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Italic]Here's the link.
    [/FONT][/FONT]

Jbrown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    Some good info here. I had been thinking about picking one up for a "quick-grab" nightstand gun.

Top Bottom