• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    anyone have a review on their experiance with a taurus judge?

I shot one about two weeks ago. We couldn't shoot the .410 shot shell at the range we were at though. It was a pretty decent gun. The owner, an older in-law (as 75-80 yrs old??) and I shot 10 rounds out of it. I shot three rounds of .45LC. The gun does kick, but I got some pretty decent accuracy. Once my in-law warmed up to shooting, he was getting some OK groupings.

I always forget the feet vs. yard stuff, but we were shooting at the 15 or 20.

gunfun101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    It didnt impress me when it was the "Thunder Six" and now that its the "Judge" I'm still not impressed.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Great for what it is for

It's a great gun for what it is for.(a car gun) I have never shot any LC through it, but 15 410's at 10 feet and closer it does just what it is supposed to do. I shot some long range #6's and that is all, but I am very happy with it. If you are looking for a distance .45 colt, then I would not go with this one. It is not designed for this type of shooting..I would look at a blackhawk or vaquero. Just my :twocents:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    At 7 yards (21') and shooting Federal Premium .410 Handgun 000 Buck ( each shell carries 4 pellets of .36 cal. (copper jacketed), I had penetration completely through 4 milk jugs filled with water, and the leading jug covered by long johns, t-shirt, and blue-jeans.

I like my Judge

YMMV

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    My future FIL bought one. It seems ok, but he thinks it's some hugely badass contraption.

I'm not as impressed, but it is kinda neat.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I did enjoy firing it, as we would throw clays in the air with one hand and follow them with the judge in the other. Good times. :-) It had a nice feel to it. Most don't seem to like it too much, but I enjoyed firing it, very solid.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Oh, as far as stopping power...remember the OK pharmacist that is in trouble for 'finishing off' (or whatever you want to call it) the kid that came in and robbed the pharmacy? Well, if you watch one of the videos, the first gun he grabbed was a Taurus Judge. The kid got a head shot and was out cold. According to the ME, the head shot wasn't that bad....since there are other issues involved in this case, I question that...but who knows. All I know is that the kid go some kind of head shot with a Taurus Judge and it knocked him out. I am not sure what kind of loads the guy was shooting from the gun.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    The only advantage I see is, if you live/work in a snake infested area down south, that would be the gun to carry.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Oh, as far as stopping power...remember the OK pharmacist that is in trouble for 'finishing off' (or whatever you want to call it) the kid that came in and robbed the pharmacy? Well, if you watch one of the videos, the first gun he grabbed was a Taurus Judge. The kid got a head shot and was out cold. According to the ME, the head shot wasn't that bad....since there are other issues involved in this case, I question that...but who knows. All I know is that the kid go some kind of head shot with a Taurus Judge and it knocked him out. I am not sure what kind of loads the guy was shooting from the gun.

A glancing blow from the most expensive firearm can leave a "head-shot" victim still conscious, and relatively unharmed.

At the same time, a well placed shot from the cheapest Jennings can, and have killed people.

It may NOT be the firearm, OR the load, as much as shot placement. It's NOT just for real-estate, "Location, location, location..."

insomnitec

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I've always wondered if loading the judge with .410 shells would make it a SBS? And thus, illegal?

I don't live in Indiana, but I am fairly certain that the law applies to shotguns and rifles only and since the Judge is considered a pistol, the barrel length isn't a concern. I could be wrong though. It's happened once before. ;)

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    Im not as impressed with it as I thought I would be. I used to have a Thunder Five and it shot pretty much the same. The Judge seemed a little more solid though. It is fun to shoot, pretty accurate between 10-15yrds, and doesnt really have as much kick as my AMT .45acp BackUp which I DID like.

I wasn't Very impressed, but its still not a bad to have at home for a home defense gun! =-)

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Anything more specific?

It didnt impress me when it was the "Thunder Six" and now that its the "Judge" I'm still not impressed.
    Have you only looked, or have you fired? The photographic evidence is impressive, especially the live shoot. IMHO, finding a proper holster is the problem. Pat.

Top Bottom