• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So sorry to perhaps move away from eunuchs... as fascinating as that may be. :)

Didn't know where else to put this.

Flight delayed after passenger becomes suspicious of equation - BBC News

The University of Pennsylvania associate professor boarded the Philadelphia-Syracuse flight on Thursday on his way to Ontario, where he was due to give a lecture.
    Before the flight took off, the woman sitting next to him passed a note to a member of the cabin crew.
    She initially told them she was feeling unwell but then voiced her suspicions about Mr Menzio's scribblings.
    He wrote: "It's a bit funny. It's a bit worrisome.
    "The lady just looked at me, looked at my writing of mysterious formulae, and concluded I was up to no good.
    "Because of that an entire flight was delayed."

People just don't trust foreign-looking people who are... differential. :D

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey Lex, looks like Based Mom (Factual Feminist - Christina Hoff Sommers) had a meet-up with Camille, and will be releasing it in a few weeks. Might have to give that one a listen...

https://twitter.com/CHSommers/status/729773329511550976

CiCs-EOU4AA7iXD.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow... that will be interesting. I bet they have more in common than fashion preferences.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My biggest dating fear.
    I want to see pics when the person was a kid. Of course, that's no guarantee.
    If they have a child.... but they could have adopted.

Argh.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    reports that bruce jenner might "de-transition", because why the hell not

Report: Bruce Jenner Allegedly May 'De-Transition' - CBSN Live Video - CBS News

Well, sometimes people with mental disorders find out that the thing they thought would make them whole, really didn't. So I wonder if he goes through with the "de-transition", will tumbler take back their, "stunning and brave" adulation and shower him with insults and derision, and then cheer after he deep throats a .357 barrel? Because, social justice.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    You would think the President's National Security Advisor would have more important concerns.

Susan Rice: U.S. Security Agencies Have Too Many White Males | Mediaite

This is what really irritates me with the whole "diversity" thing. I get it, I really do.
    However time after time it seems like minorities are being put into positions of power/responsibility BECAUSE they are minorities.
    This is a terrible practice that is becoming more and more prevalent throughout society.
    It's no different than Hillary playing the "woman card."

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    This is what really irritates me with the whole "diversity" thing. I get it, I really do.
    However time after time it seems like minorities are being put into positions of power/responsibility BECAUSE they are minorities.
    This is a terrible practice that is becoming more and more prevalent throughout society.
    It's no different than Hillary playing the "woman card."

There is no minority smaller than the individual.

Not sure who said it.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    There is no minority smaller than the individual.

Not sure who said it.

Forgive me, but I fail to see what that has to do with anything. Could you please elaborate on this?
    What I was saying is that regardless of individual qualifications/abilities, or lack there of, minorities seem to be given positions of power and responsibility simply because they are a minority.
    I'm not saying that minorities overall aren't qualified, and people that are qualified, absolutely deserve to have those positions regardless of skin color.
    I am saying that appointing someone BECAUSE they are a member of a minority group in order to further the idea of "diversity" is ridiculous.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Forgive me, but I fail to see what that has to do with anything. Could you please elaborate on this?
    What I was saying is that regardless of individual qualifications/abilities, or lack there of, minorities seem to be given positions of power and responsibility simply because they are a minority.
    I'm not saying that minorities overall aren't qualified, and people that are qualified, absolutely deserve to have those positions regardless of skin color.
    I am saying that appointing someone BECAUSE they are a member of a minority group in order to further the idea of "diversity" is ridiculous.

Agree totally.

My point is that the whole diversity racket is inherently contradictory. The diversity racket divides people up by what they have in COMMON to make the argument that our DIFFERENCES are a source of strength. HUH? So differences between groups matterbut differences between people? That's apparently irrelevant.

Another way of stating my point is this: 1 is the smallest minority group.

Two black people aren't the same just because they're black, and assuming that they are is racist. A South African of Dutch descent has more in common with a south african of native descent than either of them has in common with an American of similar skin tone.

People are diverse just by the varying life experiences we each have and our own unique DNA. Lumping people together based on skin color is both racist AND makes things LESS diverse.

But they are too blind to see it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom