ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kinda old news.

Twitter Unveils New 'Trust and Safety Council' Featuring Feminist Frequency - Breitbart

Rather than ensuring a place where everyone is free to express themselves, I suspect Sarkeesian will regard some tweaters as more equal than others.

People are starting to notice some user's tweets aren't showing in their timeline. Apparently people are being "shadowbanned"

EXCLUSIVE: Twitter Shadowbanning 'Real and Happening Every Day' Says Inside Source - Breitbart

As an active participant in the GamerGate movement since it's inception, I've been following the speech police situation very closely... including people like Sarkeesian. With her on the board, the "harassment group" (their words, not mine) will absolutely be in the targets.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Women alerted staff, who told the man to leave, but he said "the law has changed and I have a right to be here."

Pervert? Activist? Maybe a little of both. It seems pretty obvious he was at least exposing the absurdity of the new law. And maybe getting a few jollies in there as well.

"This didn’t seem like a transgender issue to staff – someone who was “identifying” as a woman," Takami said in a statement. "We have guidelines that allow transgender individuals to use restrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity. We want everyone to feel comfortable in our facilities."

Ah, the issue is how to strike the right balance between absurdity and comfort for all. So yeah, make a law to make it more "comfortable" for rare individuals and then shame the rest into going along with it. Good plan.

"Really bizarre," MaryAnne Sato said. "I can't imagine why they would want to do that anyway!"

Exactly. The only way to correct the silly may be for Seattle to fall into the ocean.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I'm thinking that maybe this is what's needed to tone the nonsense down... kill it with absurdity. Make these "advocates" get a taste of what they're pushing for.

Get burly, butch men all over the country using the women's locker room as often as possible... using the excuse that these people want. Maybe they'll slow down and realize how silly they're being? Because, again... without intensive psych evaluations... how the hell do you plan to prove someone has actual gender dysphoria? (not the fake tumblr kind)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm thinking that maybe this is what's needed to tone the nonsense down... kill it with absurdity. Make these "advocates" get a taste of what they're pushing for.

Get burly, butch men all over the country using the women's locker room as often as possible... using the excuse that these people want. Maybe they'll slow down and realize how silly they're being? Because, again... without intensive psych evaluations... how the hell do you plan to prove someone has actual gender dysphoria? (not the fake tumblr kind)

As far as policy to protect everyone, Seattle Parks spokesman David Takami says they're still working on the issue. Right now, there's no specific protocol for how someone should demonstrate their gender in order to access a bathroom. Employees just rely on verbal identification or physical appearance, and this man offered neither.

I'm guessing they'd just amend the law to discriminate against burly "women" identifiers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Using Cloward/Piven for positive purposes? I'd be down with that. Crash their system.

I am thinking it is a protest. It is a very valid way of pointing out the problems that society is bringing upon itself.

Women alerted staff, who told the man to leave, but he said "the law has changed and I have a right to be here."

Pervert? Activist? Maybe a little of both. It seems pretty obvious he was at least exposing the absurdity of the new law. And maybe getting a few jollies in there as well.

"This didn’t seem like a transgender issue to staff – someone who was “identifying” as a woman," Takami said in a statement. "We have guidelines that allow transgender individuals to use restrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity. We want everyone to feel comfortable in our facilities."

Ah, the issue is how to strike the right balance between absurdity and comfort for all. So yeah, make a law to make it more "comfortable" for rare individuals and then shame the rest into going along with it. Good plan.

"Really bizarre," MaryAnne Sato said. "I can't imagine why they would want to do that anyway!"

Exactly. The only way to correct the silly may be for Seattle to fall into the ocean.

As far as policy to protect everyone, Seattle Parks spokesman David Takami says they're still working on the issue. Right now, there's no specific protocol for how someone should demonstrate their gender in order to access a bathroom. Employees just rely on verbal identification or physical appearance, and this man offered neither.

I'm guessing they'd just amend the law to discriminate against burly "women" identifiers.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Out here in the woods we have different issues like critters eating your vegetables. These things have less complex solutions.

Yes, but how do you know that you aren't shooting a critter that self-identifies as an endangered species? Someone, somewhere, is outraged.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah, among the squirrels I demised, I probably took out a couple of spotted owls (you know, the brown four legged ones with fluffy tails like we get in Indiana) and a snail darter or two (you know, the brown four legged ones with fluffy tails like we get in Indiana) and maybe even a polar bear (you know, the brown four legged ones with fluffy tails like we get in Indiana) which aren't so much actually endangered as politically. I shall submit myself for public shaming.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Yes, but how do you know that you aren't shooting a critter that self-identifies as an endangered species? Someone, somewhere, is outraged.

When they self-identify normally they are extraverted and are verbal along with being loud and proud. So in my case that animals should have spoken up, before the high velocity impact, silenced them..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom