Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All the dogs that played Lassie were male dogs. They all identified as female for the tv shows and movies.

Yeah, but they were still payed in kibbles for that role. It's not like they had to wear a purse and have matching shoes. I'll bet there was no wage gap in there either.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nice job Oxford Dictionaries

CZXHDA2VAAATUgR.jpg:large

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The legality of that scholarship might be an issue. But I personality don't have a problem with it, even if I am confused why it exists.

I'm not confused at all about why it exists. It's mostly a political statement. If we're going to say it's okay to provide scholarships that target or exclude people based solely on dna or appearance then it needs to be fairly applied. Maybe we need scholarships for people with freckles.

The more we make race matter the more race matters.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm not confused at all about why it exists. It's mostly a political statement. If we're going to say it's okay to provide scholarships that target or exclude people based solely on dna or appearance then it needs to be fairly applied. Maybe we need scholarships for people with freckles.

The more we make race matter the more race matters.

I'm honestly not aware of any other race based scholarships.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm honestly not aware of any other race based scholarships.
    Are you serious? It's not like there's any commonly known orgs out there that are named, say, Idunno, something like United Negro College Fund. I mean, no one's heard of such a thing.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Are you serious? It's not like there's any commonly known orgs out there that are named, say, Idunno, something like United Negro College Fund. I mean, no one's heard of such a thing.
    Maybe Google isn't a thing either

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I've never met anyone who got a UNCF scholarship. From my understanding the simply give money directly to schools with certain programs; schools and programs which any student can benefit, as long as they are enrolled at that school or part of the program.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [video]http://abcnews.go.com/US/confusion-white-high-schooler-returns-scholarship-intended-black/story?id=16544544[/video]

When a student who won a scholarship for African-American students walked to the stage at a Riverside, Calif., high school to pick up his award, the audience laughed nervously. The student, Jeffrey Warren, was white.
    Warren, 17, a recent graduate of Riverside's King High School, won a $1,000 scholarship sponsored by Riverside's Martin Luther King Senior Citizens Club. While a cover letter to guidance counselors indicated that the award was intended only for black students, the application merely "encourage[d] African-American students to apply," according to King High School Principal Darel Hansen.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    If you want a laugh look up "COMPLETE LIST OF TUMBLR GENDERS (SO FAR)" the website title itself contains profanity

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've never met anyone who got a UNCF scholarship. From my understanding the simply give money directly to schools with certain programs; schools and programs which any student can benefit, as long as they are enrolled at that school or part of the program.

You sure you wanna go with that? I did check out their website before I suggested that as an example. Now, don't get me wrong, they don't help only black students. They also provide scholarships to other people of color. But they do list some scholarships that say on the requirements you must be African American/Black.

So now that you're "aware", do you think that really helps racial equality any?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom