Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We are the ab normal ones. Dinosaurs that forgot to go extinct.

Fat women, same sex couples, and interracial families in every commercial on TV is the norm, now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Once again.
    If you don't like it, then WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Jeez.

At 2:17, the video commentator points out the "oppressed black woman" has..
    holding a latte (or something)
    in the middle of the street wearing nice clothes
    clean
    look healthy
    probably have access to a cell phone
    a college student (access to a "world class" education

Yet she's "oppressed".
    The video commentator states, "show me the oppression"

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Well, the leftists are not happy with their man... but of course seeing as how the angry mob are leftists... there's no news coverage, and it's NOT being called an "insurrection"...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Once again.
    If you don't like it, then WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Jeez.

At 2:17, the video commentator points out the "oppressed black woman" has..
    holding a latte (or something)
    in the middle of the street wearing nice clothes
    clean
    look healthy
    probably have access to a cell phone
    a college student (access to a "world class" education

Yet she's "oppressed".
    The video commentator states, "show me the oppression"

Screenshot_20210128-054003.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, the leftists are not happy with their man... but of course seeing as how the angry mob are leftists... there's no news coverage, and it's NOT being called an "insurrection"...

But if we’re being honest, isn’t it important that blocking the doors isn’t the same thing as an angry mob breaking into the Capitol building, breaking into chambers, and occupying offices? How many police officers were injured during the time they blocked the doors?

That said, I could easily speculate and stay within the bounds of reason to say it’s doubtful that the media and the Democrats would react the same if the lefties did do the same that the Capitol rioters did.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    But if we’re being honest, isn’t it important that blocking the doors isn’t the same thing as an angry mob breaking into the Capitol building, breaking into chambers, and occupying offices? How many police officers were injured during the time they blocked the doors?

That said, I could easily speculate and stay within the bounds of reason to say it’s doubtful that the media and the Democrats would react the same if the lefties did do the same that the Capitol rioters did.

Let's make it 500 Trump supporters blocking the whitehouse and see what happens.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Me thinks, that you have missed the video of capitol police removing barricades so that peaceful citizens could enter. Or maybe the recently released ( by the FBI) Pic of 4 police allowing citizens to enter through a door only able to be opened from the inside where a police officer was holding the door for them as they entered peacefully.

There was some vandalism and those individuals should be prosecuted, however had it been leftists it would have been presented as mostly peaceful.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Me thinks, that you have missed the video of capitol police removing barricades so that peaceful citizens could enter. Or maybe the recently released ( by the FBI) Pic of 4 police allowing citizens to enter through a door only able to be opened from the inside where a police officer was holding the door for them as they entered peacefully.

There was some vandalism and those individuals should be prosecuted, however had it been leftists it would have been presented as mostly peaceful.
    No. I did not miss those videos. Yes. There were peaceful protestors there. It appears that they some were let in by Capitol police. I’ve been very consistent on that point. I’ve even remarked how most of them seemed more like tourists just in awe of the place, and even staying within the roped tourist areas.

I also did not miss the video of people beating Capitol police. Or breaking breaking in forcefully. I did not miss the video where the crowd voiced their intentions. I didn’t miss the video where they threatened police to back down and let them in. I didn’t miss the video of them occupying various offices and chambers. I didn’t miss the videos where they demanded to know where Pence was.

This is where solidarity gets murky. How far can some members of the tribe go before other members say, no. We’re not with you if you go there. If you don’t don't separate yourself, then you get lumped in with them. I’m not talking about the left. They’ll lump you in with the worst anyway just for opposing anything they do. Do you think people went too far or not? Are you in solidarity with them on that or not? I’m not. They were in the wrong.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No. I did not miss those videos. Yes. There were peaceful protestors there. It appears that they some were let in by Capitol police. I’ve been very consistent on that point. I’ve even remarked how most of them seemed more like tourists just in awe of the place, and even staying within the roped tourist areas.

I also did not miss the video of people beating Capitol police. Or breaking breaking in forcefully. I did not miss the video where the crowd voiced their intentions. I didn’t miss the video where they threatened police to back down and let them in. I didn’t miss the video of them occupying various offices and chambers. I didn’t miss the videos where they demanded to know where Pence was.

This is where solidarity gets murky. How far can some members of the tribe go before other members say, no. We’re not with you if you go there. If you don’t don't separate yourself, then you get lumped in with them. I’m not talking about the left. They’ll lump you in with the worst anyway just for opposing anything they do. Do you think people went too far or not? Are you in solidarity with them on that or not? I’m not. They were in the wrong.
    You raise a reasonable point; However, that brings me back to the point that if their tribe can do anything and it gets dismissed as "mostly peaceful" but my tribe damn well better follow the law to the letter and even that might not be sufficient to keep them out of legal trouble, then we have reached the point where 1., IDGAF what my tribe does or who doesn't like it, and 2., the enforcers and their masters need removed as threats to the republic.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    That has been the point i have tried to make in the past. If there are peaceful protestors, they should be attempting to stop violent ones, no matter what the cause.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That has been the point i have tried to make in the past. If there are peaceful protestors, they should be attempting to stop violent ones, no matter what the cause.

I'll agree in principle, but in reality most people just want to put some distance between themselves and somebody acting violent crazy. That distance may just be where the people aren't acting crazy, a few yards or 100.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I'll agree in principle, but in reality most people just want to put some distance between themselves and somebody acting violent crazy. That distance may just be where the people aren't acting crazy, a few yards or 100.
    I'd count that though.

Don't give them cover.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Hmmmm :shady:.... I wonder how they got past the new multimillion dollar exterior perimeter fencing and National Guard troops...

Because they have an open door policy for those with an up to date and valid leftist ID! Pretty simple actually, they were individually cleared by the SS (secret service) prior to being allowed entry.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom