Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, here's one idea: Half of states want to prioritize Black and Hispanic people for covid vaccines for how we should prioritize vaccines. I don't want to spark yet another covid/vaccine related discussion in yet another thread. It's fair to talk about the insanity of prioritizing people based on their skin color in this thread. Not about whether covid is the bank bug, or that bill gates is forwarding his evil eugenics plot to depopulate the world.

I've heard some competing ideas about how to prioritize vaccines. This one is bat **** crazy. And Indiana? Tell me again that our squishy governor isn't a social justice warrior.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    It's really a no win situation though (like most SJW arguments). If one doezn't prioritize giving the vaccine to people of color first, then the claim is that it's racist and health officials are prioritizing white people. If you prioritize people of color (ugh, I hate that term), then you're exploiting the medical system's historical racism and using those people as guinea pigs.

I've literally heard people make those two arguments in the same breath.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's really a no win situation though (like most SJW arguments). If one doezn't prioritize giving the vaccine to people of color first, then the claim is that it's racist and health officials are prioritizing white people. If you prioritize people of color (ugh, I hate that term), then you're exploiting the medical system's historical racism and using those people as guinea pigs.

That's actually a pretty solid point.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Just be like Cornell with their vaccine policy and only make the white kids get it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think it's fine to turn that around and say prioritizing any race over another is itself racist. The most vulnerable group in terms of covid is by far elderly people. And there is far more diversity in that group than any other way that you could possibly arrange any other group. All groups get old. Prioritizing a young, healthy person over an older person with several comorbidities, just because because the younger person belongs to a marginalize group, is immoral and people need to call that out. If these ideas go unchallenged, then it'll just spread like a virus.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Well said. It seems to work it's way down to "heads, I win, tails, you loose."

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

That's actually a pretty solid point.

Both points are accepted. In today's Meta-Modernist world, a thing can be both true and false, racist and not, at the same time.

Thus, if you do not preferentially give the vaccine to people of color to avoid using them as guinea pigs you are racist for denying them protection; if you preferentially give them the vaccine to protect them, you are racist for using them as test subjects.

The base view is all institutions are racist. You just have to figure out how.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Both points are accepted. In today's Meta-Modernist world, a thing can be both true and false, racist and not, at the same time.

Thus, if you do not preferentially give the vaccine to people of color to avoid using them as guinea pigs you are racist for denying them protection; if you preferentially give them the vaccine to protect them, you are racist for using them as test subjects.

Yes, ignorance and/or rejection of the concept of objective truth is unfortunately commonplace.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

I wish more people would understand this aspect of the left.

I also wish more people from the left would acknowledge that this IS the game.

Truth doesn’t matter. Only victimization and identity politics matters.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, here's one idea: Half of states want to prioritize Black and Hispanic people for covid vaccinesfor how we should prioritize vaccines. I don't want to spark yet another covid/vaccine related discussion in yet another thread. It's fair to talk about the insanity of prioritizing people based on their skin color in this thread. Not about whether covid is the bank bug, or that bill gates is forwarding his evil eugenics plot to depopulate the world.

I've heard some competing ideas about how to prioritize vaccines. This one is bat **** crazy. And Indiana? Tell me again that our squishy governor isn't a social justice warrior.

It's worse than you know

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/dec/13/inside-the-beltway-should-journalists-get-the-vacc/
    Media organizations say journalists should get the COVID-19 vaccine early

While producing nonstop hostile coverage of President Trump, the media has also covered the coronavirus pandemic nonstop for the last 10 months. That fact has prompted 13 major journalism organizations to declare that journalists are “essential” workers who deserve to be included in the initial populations to receive the new coronavirus vaccine.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’m sure at least some of you are aware of Titania McGrath. It’s a satire Twitter account like the Babylon Bee. Her persona is ultra woke, but it’s actually just an intellectual white dude that does the tweets. This is a thread of him spewing the most insane woke-isms and then a few months or years later, they always come to fruition. It’s incredible. We are truly in amazing times. People have lost their minds.

https://twitter.com/titaniamcgrath/status/1339977959508226048?s=21

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I wish more people would understand this aspect of the left.

I also wish more people from the left would acknowledge that this IS the game.

Truth doesn’t matter. Only victimization and identity politics matters.

When we use the term "the left" it generally means a group of people of a certain ideological bent that can be broken down into two segments: the hard core, know what they're doing bunch, and the gullible, mentally malleable, useful idiot bunch.

The first bunch is purposefully using tactics like this (heads I win, tails you loose) in their ideological war against individual liberty and the societies that gaurantee it. They aren't going to admit anything because doing so would affect the second bunch.

The second bunch are generally those with no critical thinking skills, heads filled with the dogma of the first bunch, who have a snowballs chance in hell of having a reasonable objective thought. The useful idiots. There is no argument, no matter how reasonable, that is able to penetrate those brainwashed minds.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

That's because the goal isn't to further understanding, or knowledge. It is to secure submission: no matter what you do, you're still wrong.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom