printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Bu96GPB.jpg

Where oh where have I heard this exact same language before?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Bu96GPB.jpg

Where oh where have I heard this exact same language before?
    Well, hell, Howard, I must respect this Antifa manifesto, so I guess I must be a racist.

But what does "Fetishizing of European Identity" mean? Like, I look at a map of Poland and my glasses get all steamy?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-holly...ee-curtis-scared-every-day-living-in-america/
    ‘Halloween’ Star Jamie Lee Curtis: ‘I’m Scared Every Day’ to ‘Live in America’

JLC-2-crop-640x480.jpg

USA Today reports that during a question and answer session, an audience member asked Jamie Lee Curtis if she gets scared.
    “You know, life’s a little scary. I live in America,” she replied. “This (expletive’s) getting real, so I’m scared every day.”

I ask people, "Then why don't you leave?".
    They usually reply, "I don't have the money. Not everyone can do that."
    Then I tell them that people lash together TRASH and come to this company with NOTHING.
    Some others come here with a little, and do SOMETHING with it.

But Ms. Curtis here, pretty sure she has enough money to live somewhere else.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    HOW TO IDENTIFY A RACIST

Agree 100% with every details of current progressive ideology, policies, agenda items, and whims ----- NO -----> RACIST
    | .............................................. ^
    | ...............................................|
    | .............................................. |
    YES ----> Not racist (for now) --->|

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Maybe they've decided to start enforcing the rules?

Unfortunately they found their "example" in Williams.

This was kinda my point.

When have men said the equivalent things and not been punished? Was in within the last few months? Last couple of years? Has there been a new emphasis on the civility rules? If so, when did that start?

I need context. You can't just say: "McEnroe was an ass in '79 and now I'm treated differently 39 years later- see? Sexism."

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/07/sports/mcenroe-draws-fine-suspension.html
    might issue a harsh penalty, one that could cost McEnroe not only in dollars and cents, but also deprive him of his right to play tennis for the rest of the year.He guessed right.
    McEnroe was fined $7,500, which carried with it an automatic two-month suspension.''I spent a great deal of time and thought over the decision,'' Farrar said yesterday. ''I knew this kind of money would put John out of the game for two months. But it was intolerable. What he did was an unacceptable situation.''

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/171029/FOR-THE-RECORD-MCENROES-TANTRUMS-AND-FINES.html
    FOR THE RECORD: MCENROE'S TANTRUMS AND FINES
    July 1991 - Fined $10,000 for swearing
    Total fines - $69,500

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    HOW TO IDENTIFY A RACIST

Agree 100% with every details of current progressive ideology, policies, agenda items, and whims ----- NO -----> RACIST
    | .............................................. ^
    | .............................................. |
    YES ----> Not racist (for now) --->|

I've seen guys at work, some overheated, some had something wrong with body chemistry, some squirting blood all over.
    They ALL said "nothing's wrong".
    ALSO. Guys with NOTHING WRONG said that there was "nothing wrong".

So... saying "nothing wrong" doesn't mean ****.
    Just like denying you're a racists.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.sportingnews.com/au/ten...-row-margaret-court/6g5h76a6g2of1euhlivjzbz60
    [h=1]Serena Williams tried to become bigger than the rules - Margaret Court[/h]Margaret Court believes being outplayed by Naomi Osaka led to Serena Williams' meltdown in Saturday's dramatic US Open final.

"We always had to go by the rules," said Court, in quotes reported by The Australian.
    "It's sad for the sport when a player tries to become bigger than the rules.
    "Because the young player outplayed her in the first set, I think pressure got her more than anything."

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    https://www.breitbart.com/big-holly...ee-curtis-scared-every-day-living-in-america/

JLC-2-crop-640x480.jpg

USA Today reports that during a question and answer session, an audience member asked Jamie Lee Curtis if she gets scared.
    “You know, life’s a little scary. I live in America,” she replied. “This (expletive’s) getting real, so I’m scared every day.”

Then I tell them that people lash together TRASH and come to this company with NOTHING.

Like Syria maybe, that's a scary place to live.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://sports.yahoo.com/ramos-backed-itf-over-regrettable-serena-rant-172907108--ten.html
    Ramos backed by ITF over 'regrettable' Serena rant

The former world number one's defiant stance was backed by WTA Tour chief executive Steve Simon and legendary former female player Billie-Jean King, who questioned the coaching penalty that first sparked Williams' anger.
    But the ITF, world tennis' governing body, responded to the controversy by insisting Ramos was well within his rights to hand down the penalties.
    "Carlos Ramos is one of the most experienced and respected umpires in tennis. Mr. Ramos' decisions were in accordance with the relevant rules and were re-affirmed by the US Open's decision to fine Serena Williams for the three offences," an ITF statement said.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

JLC-2-crop-640x480.jpg

Is she really scared ****less, or is it just the Activia?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Serena didn't handle the coaching penalty very well, particularly considering her coach has admitted he was coaching. She also let it fester, rather than let it go. However, the umpire should have tried harder to defuse the situation rather than issue a penalty that cost her a game in the final of a major.

I have watched a lot of men's matches over the years in which the tirades were far worse, including McEnroe's meltdowns. I have never, not once, seen a man penalized a game during a match. I didn't even know that was possible until now. Fines, yes. Games, never. I'm not sure I've ever even seen anyone penalized a point during a match for a tirade, let alone a game.

5.56'aholic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    <- tragic boating accident
    Serena didn't handle the coaching penalty very well, particularly considering her coach has admitted he was coaching. She also let it fester, rather than let it go. However, the umpire should have tried harder to defuse the situation rather than issue a penalty that cost her a game in the final of a major.

I have watched a lot of men's matches over the years in which the tirades were far worse, including McEnroe's meltdowns. I have never, not once, seen a man penalized a game during a match. I didn't even know that was possible until now. Fines, yes. Games, never. I'm not sure I've ever even seen anyone penalized a point during a match for a tirade, let alone a game.

oh, there have been a few......and Serena has lost a match before for her temper.......nothing new, and nothing has changed. she pushed the envelope and got called to task.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/05/te...ova-andy-roddick-serena-williams-john-mcenroe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom