• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Too many people seems increasingly obsessed with what someone else says or does that factually has no effect on them other than offending their sensibilities. And then the need for the emotion-driven mob to mete punishment for breaking arbitrary and capricious rules (that change on a whim) seems stronger than ever and continues to grow.

I remember when the so-called "moral majority" were collectively pilloried for trying to impose their beliefs and behavior standards on others, and in some cases the criticism was legitimate. However, that nonsense seemed to be short-lived and I naively assumed we as a population had learned to be less concerned about what other people did and thought if it did not cause us harm. The growing libertarian (not Libertarian) attitude was long overdue and was serving all of us well.

Then something changed. My first thought is that the Cultural Marxist had reached a sufficient level of success in their multi-decade, coordinated efforts to systematically infiltrate the education system and use it to indoctrinate huge segments of the population. At about the same time, or perhaps slightly lagging, the online "social media" phenomenon emerged and the masses were seduced by it. That provided the Cultural Marxists with a new tool of unprecedented effectiveness that they were first to implement, first to master, and first to dominate. The end result is that we went from a culture that was relatively resistant to outliers and their ideas to a culture that is now unnaturally influenced and at least partially controlled by those outliers. Based on my own principles, morals, and ethics, this has been a very, very negative acceleration.

Not a good situation.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And the free press, which should have served as a counterbalance to Cultural Marxism, instead was co-opted and complicit in that downhill run. Well said

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you need more letters on that.

It’s fluid. So maybe lgbt-x... is a good abbreviation. It encompasses the major intersections more explicitly, while still providing inclusion for the more fluid spectrum of sexual preferences and genders.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ap53jwE.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It’s fluid. So maybe lgbt-x... is a good abbreviation. It encompasses the major intersections more explicitly, while still providing inclusion for the more fluid spectrum of sexual preferences and genders.

Given how common it is for the subjects of fluid and sex to run together, perhaps you are correct

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Given how common it is for the subjects of fluid and sex to run together, perhaps you are correct

Yes, I see purple, but this reminds me that unfortunately, these folks* are frequently so psychotic that they would be offended that you leave their particular identity (all 56 of them) out of the acronym. "I'm not Gay, I'm Queer. Get it right you intolerant jerk!"
    (To be fair, none of the people I know that are not CIS (Translation:"normal" by traditional social standards) are this kind of snowflake. All the ones I know personally are cool and as long as you acknowledge them with respect, they are not upset that you're not quite right in labeling them.)

*to clarify, I'm talking about the atypical mental cases that are the painfully vocal minority pushing this agenda. NOT the typical people we have around us every day in our lives.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yes, I see purple, but this reminds me that unfortunately, these folks* are frequently so psychotic that they would be offended that you leave their particular identity (all 56 of them) out of the acronym. "I'm not Gay, I'm Queer. Get it right you intolerant jerk!"
    (To be fair, none of the people I know that are not CIS (Translation:"normal" by traditional social standards) are this kind of snowflake. All the ones I know personally are cool and as long as you acknowledge them with respect, they are not upset that you're not quite right in labeling them.)

*to clarify, I'm talking about the atypical mental cases that are the painfully vocal minority pushing this agenda. NOT the typical people we have around us every day in our lives.

I have to admit, I don’t know the subtle differences between gay and queer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom