• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    People get a feeling of rightness when they do that. It’s a like a tribal cause. Us good people against those bad people. We’re in the right. We’re the moral ones. We’re standing up for the defenseless against your immoral behavior. We’re standing up for social justice. Yeah? Well **** you and your narcissistic fake morality. If you want to be a good person and defend the defensless, protecting them from people who aren’t harming them isn’t being a good person. It’s taking the easy path to fake moral intoxication.

If you see someone bullying a special needs person, step in. Stand up for them. You might get yer ass beat. Take a risk to protect the defenseless against actual harm. The risk is part of what makes it virtue. But not everyone has the courage to put themselves on the line for someone else.

It’s easy to sit back on your couch with your pink macbook on your lap, and post a “spread the word to end the r-word” meme on your facebook page. And then feel like you’re changing the world. But that’s not virtue. Real virtue isn’t free. You have to earn it. And earning it certainly isn’t as simple as participating in a mob to shame people for using a ****ing word.
    It’s kinda like they want the word “retarded” to be an exclusive term for their purpose or something and when someone else uses it to call out something stupid it’s demeaning and offensive to them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I’m looking forward to hearing the whole podcast. I did listen to some jre clips including that one.

I’m a little dissatisfied that he didn’t rant more about how retarded it is to assume that someone is talking about your loved one when you call stupid **** people say, retarded. People who get all bent out of shape about it should get an earful similar to the following.

“What? C’mon. You’re not that stupid. You know ***damn well my invocation of the term has nothing to do with special needs people and that this AINT about YOU. But instead YOU wanna get all narcissistic about it and find some way to be offended on behalf of people who aren’t the subject, and make it about YOU so that YOU can have a heapin’ helpin’ of that delicious righteous indignation. Well stop it; that’s retarded.”

Here's the full episode. Definitely don't agree with a lot of Sam's positions. He tends to over-generalize how bad the "right" is in comparison to the "left"... but hits on some decent topics. Definitely a lot of censorship/SJW/cancel culture talk in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA106wrMUe4

Tim Pool on today's JRE should be interesting.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    People get a feeling of rightness when they do that. It’s a like a tribal cause. Us good people against those bad people. We’re in the right. We’re the moral ones. We’re standing up for the defenseless against your immoral behavior. We’re standing up for social justice. Yeah? Well **** you and your narcissistic fake morality. If you want to be a good person and defend the defensless, protecting them from people who aren’t harming them isn’t being a good person. It’s taking the easy path to fake moral intoxication.

If you see someone bullying a special needs person, step in. Stand up for them. You might get yer ass beat. Take a risk to protect the defenseless against actual harm. The risk is part of what makes it virtue. But not everyone has the courage to put themselves on the line for someone else.

It’s easy to sit back on your couch with your pink macbook on your lap, and post a “spread the word to end the r-word” meme on your facebook page. And then feel like you’re changing the world. But that’s not virtue. Real virtue isn’t free. You have to earn it. And earning it certainly isn’t as simple as participating in a mob to shame people for using a ****ing word.

Not a chance they'll give up on mob shaming until it just doesn't work anymore; or the collateral damage gets too severe, like in VA

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm going with this GIF for many applicable reasons.

tenor.gif

Dy1FnSWX4AESIcT.jpg:small

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What college does she go to (presumably in the U.S.) that no white people had a hand in founding and building?

Just checked her Twitter feed.

Good lord.

It's just... so... awful... She's going on about the "conservative trolls", some RTs that imply she hates cops, bunch of "POC", "empowerment", "precious knowledge".... essentially a soul lost to the Oregon education system.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tim Pool interview going poorly.

Rogan's sidekick Jamie really seems to dislike him.

Tim also very eccentric, not really conducive to a good interviewee.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Here's the full episode. Definitely don't agree with a lot of Sam's positions. He tends to over-generalize how bad the "right" is in comparison to the "left"... but hits on some decent topics. Definitely a lot of censorship/SJW/cancel culture talk in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA106wrMUe4

Tim Pool on today's JRE should be interesting.

I've made it through much of the podcast with Sam Harris. Probably finish it tomorrow. Might be a couple of days before I can listen to the Tim Pool one, but I definitely want to listen to that too.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Relationships are hard enough without trying to carry around baggage like that. Anyone who says relationships are "50/50" doesn't know what they are talking about. It takes a minimum of 100% from both sides to stand a chance of it working.

The "2 becoming 1" isn't a physical thing, it is knowing who you are and learning who your mate is. How can you do that if you still don't know who you are, what you are or why you are even there?

If your betrothed has to carry around a pocket full of smelling salts for every time you are seen in public I am guessing it's gonna be a failure...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, I saw that. I thout it was an incredible stupid thing to say. It really wasn’t about that. If it were only that she’d have just ended it without involving the internet. But since she did involve the internet, it seems obvious that it’s about more than that. It’s at least about signaling her bonafides to the rest of the racist left. Not really a dog whistle. Just good oke fassioned virtue signaling.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom