• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It's like anything else, the deals are there, but you have to look for them.

I ALMOST confronted a dealer with a USED Bersa 380, no box, for $315. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some poor schlub probably bought it too, lol

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Are you talkin about "The Brass Nut" guy? I didn't go to the gun show, but Friday night at walmart in Bburg I ran into this guy that gave me his card. The Brass Nut was his card and he was a really good guy, talked with him for several minutes, told him i just started reloading. Told me to call him and he'd mail me anything i needed.

How did he burn em?

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I thought this was one of the best ones I've been to. I missed the show in January, so maybe I was just missing all the action.

I made the mistake before of making a list of items I wanted at a previous 1500, and since it totaled well into the $1000's, I decided not to do it this time. :rolleyes:

I think as time goes on and I have gotten more experience with what I'm looking for, I enjoy the hunt of some of the pieces and parts.

In a way, I'm glad they don't have one every month because I'd go broke and probably get divorced.

I don't even mind hearing people complain. I wish more people would stop going so I could get in quicker and get through the aisle easier. My :twocents:.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I got some .45, .38 and .40 rounds, a pocket knife, two ACS 1911 magazines and an INGO sticker for abut $125.

I enjoyed meeting new people and watching the "SF, Ranger, Deep Ops, Code Red, SEAL, Ninja's" that were hanging around. :laugh: Note to the Ninja's, there is no Ranger School at Camp Atterbury and you don't HALO in Airborne School! :bash:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I got some .45, .38 and .40 rounds, a pocket knife, two ACS 1911 magazines and an INGO sticker for abut $125.

I enjoyed meeting new people and watching the "SF, Ranger, Deep Ops, Code Red, SEAL, Ninja's" that were hanging around. :laugh: Note to the Ninja's, there is no Ranger School at Camp Atterbury and you don't HALO in Airborne School! :bash:

LMAO!!! yeah Always those around, its so much fun calling them out and watching them sweat. They are lucky that they are under the protection of the gun show, or there would be some broken bones. maybe the next show we can hang out and figure out a way to stick POSER labels on their backs or something. :popcorn:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I went with great enthusiasm, left with enthusiasm, and arrived at home to have that entusiasm wiped away by the urge to throw up after finding out two of my purchases are not what I thought I got.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    It's a nice show to go and look at things.

There are some high volume dealers with good prices on guns.

I think ammo deals are better on the internet.

Overall it's a hassle anymore. I have better luck finding deals at the little mom and pop shows.

antdog/zook

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It's like anything else, the deals are there, but you have to look for them.

I ALMOST confronted a dealer with a USED Bersa 380, no box, for $315. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some poor schlub probably bought it too, lol

i saw that too! he also had a used kel-tec p11 for $259 used...lol

sorry to anyone i may have bumped into, i was pushing my dad in a chair sat. i know i wore originalhonkey's heels out..lol

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think ammo deals are better on the internet.

Overall it's a hassle anymore. I have better luck finding deals at the little mom and pop shows.

I agree, if you just look a little bit in the universe we call the internet im sure you can find the same if not better deals.

Big Ed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Bushmaster BAR-10

I got some ammo and bought a Bushmaster BAR-10 flat top. It's had about $600 dollars work done on it (trigger, hand guards). Found a good deal on a Glock 19 with nite sites for the wife but already bought the Ar-10, LOL. Several people and a couple of dealers wanted the Bushmaster before I could get out of there.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    The wife and I had a good time. I came home with a DPMS LR308, some ammo, couple of Tshirts, some primers. Under the "it's a small world" category". I ran in to a friend that lives 2 miles from me. Hadn't seen him in about 4 months. Guess we had to drive a 100 miles from home to catch up with each other.lol.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I agree, if you just look a little bit in the universe we call the internet im sure you can find the same if not better deals.

Ha Ha, I'm not complaining this time. I went early Friday when it opened. I got to walk around, actually got to look at the tables and talk to people. I only bought a couple of things, didn't see any deals but I was not expecting to see any. Low expectations, no disappointments. Things change. Around ten years ago the show was a pretty good deal, now it suffers as does the economy. I did enjoy the show becuase it was not as crowded. It is what it is.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    We need to all make it a point to wear our INGO hats or something so we can recognize each other there. This was not my favorite visit to the 1500, but it beat a sharp stick in the eye. I was hoping to find someone selling Duracoat, but had no luck there. At the last couple of 1500s there was a table with $399 WASR-10s and if I had found one this time, I'd have probably picked one up, but no luck. In January, I found a $150 Finnish Mosin that has turned out to be a great shooter but did not find anything great this time.

I did end up with a couple of spare mags for my P238 though. I had a choice of factory for $49 or aftermarket for $26 and when I got home and compared the aftermarket to the factory, cannot see a difference other than who's name is stamped in the bottom. I have to check the name to see which is which, so I'm happy with those.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Saying the show sucks is one thing. Saying the prices are higher than at Gander Mountain...........now that's bad! :rolleyes:

Yep. ZX Guns had a Grade B H&K P7 with 1 magazine for the low, low price of $789.00.

Gander sells the exact same thing for a whopping $699.

Or like my Dad likes to say, "Some people wouldn't be happy if you hung 'em with a brand new rope."

When you're selling a gun for $90 MORE than Gander Mountain, who, as we all know, is traditionally priced too high, then I'm gonna complain!

To ZX's credit, though, the guy did say that he had "room" on it. I'd hope.

I went with great enthusiasm, left with enthusiasm, and arrived at home to have that entusiasm wiped away by the urge to throw up after finding out two of my purchases are not what I thought I got.

Dude, fess up! We NEED details!! :D

sorry to anyone i may have bumped into, i was pushing my dad in a chair sat. i know i wore originalhonkey's heels out..lol

I should've introduced myself... I was "the other feller" wearing the SSNFA "Got NFA" shirt. Saw you guys several times over the afternoon.

-J-

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    maybe the next show we can hang out and figure out a way to stick POSER labels on their backs or something. :popcorn:
    This handy little device could serve double duty.

pat_on_the_back_1.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Hadn't been to the 1500 in probably 16 years. Everyone kept talking it down, mostly about the flea market stuff, and I almost didn't go.

Well I am glad I went. Had a good time... heck I had a great time. Bought a couple rigs, some ammo and a few non-essentials. Went with a buddy who got what he wanted to stick on and in his AR too.

Almost picked up an M&P40c... walked the entire place twice thinking about it and now wish I had just done it.

All in all it was the best day I have had in a long time. Hopefully I will get to know a few INGO people before the next one to make it even better.

Top Bottom