The INDY 1500 May 30th, 31st & June 1st Thread!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Screw it I gotta go... I gotta ask every single woman without a wedding band if she's single! hahaha.

It is confirmed, my goofy arse will be walking around tomorrow.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    HAH! I wasn't aiming for the gazebo! I was aiming for the large tree branch ABOVE the gazebo! And once again, :owned:

Eric vs. The Gazebo

A little piece of internet lore, for those of you who haven't seen it before. (note that the final word should be 'gnoll' and not 'knoll'; the misspelling destroys the pun).

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was there yesterday and today. I wouldn't have went today had my truck not broke down at the show yesterday! LOL good excuse to go back... Met Lars and Pami, really nice people. Met Mike and Shay. Mike's cool, Shay's ok I guess. Seen a few other "hats" walking around but they all looked in a hurry for whatever! LOL Wish I coulda stayed longer today. I felt like I was in the presence of greatness.... so many guns, so many great polite people, lots of helpful folks. Was glad to see Jerry from AAC in Moorseville had a booth. Stocked up on some BOB gear. Rope, ammo cases, tarp, throwing knives, etc. Great event. Can't wait til next years tax check! :D

Virtus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Fishers
    Found a bunch of "Blue Hat" INgun Owners today at the food court. Walked out of the 1500 with a bunch of snap caps, some cheap cleaning brushes and a wish to win the lottery to buy some of the nice goodies I saw there.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Managed to score me a Nagant M44. If I can get the grease cleaned off it, I might be able to actually shoot it one of these days.

We also met a bunch of blue hats. It was a pleasure to chat with them for a bit.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    AHHHH! I hate sitting at work today.

lovemywoods, kr_treefrog2 and I will be there tomorrow around 1pm. We are looking for handguns for Kelly, so we'll probably be around the "green tables" for a while. I'll have my hat on.

pdg45acp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Kokomo
    We got out of there about 1:15 this afternoon.. the place was almost packed.. glad to see that..

I bought 2k primers, 2lb powder and a 30 cal ammo can..

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    We picked up a kydex IWB holster for my P250, a belt to hold it on, and a flashlight holster for Lars at the Raven Holsters table (every time we went back to that table we got something else), a copy of Ciyou's Indiana Handgun Laws books (we got the first edition free for buying the second edition at the 1500), a leather CC purse for me, and some really tasty toasted almonds. We completely forgot to pick up the 1000 rnds of 9mm we meant to get (every time I reminded Lars we needed to get that, he said, "I know; we're waiting until we walk out the door because I'm not carrying it around.").

We spent some time with Shay and Fenway, ran into Scutter01 and spasmo a few times, said hi to Virtus and Strongcrow and Westsider and SavageEagle, and spent the better part of the afternoon tagging around with TomN.

All in all, a good afternoon, I think. :)

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Lars and Pami have all the fun!

I wanna see pictures of the new holster.

Did you see any OTHER P250s there? I want Kelly to try one out.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Lars and Pami have all the fun!

I wanna see pictures of the new holster.

Did you see any OTHER P250s there? I want Kelly to try one out.

I'll get some pics up later and throw them on a new thread somewhere.

I didn't see any other P250s, but I wasn't looking at guns, either. I went for the holsters and the blue hats. :): We did see several tables with a collection of SIGs, but I only fondled an older 226 and a Mosquito that had been coated in a shade of green (rendering the sight dots nearly invisible). Lars and Tom ooooohed and aaaaahed over the brand new .. um.. XD 9? I think. He's out of the house atm and can correct me later. :)

Anywho, if she wants to shoot mine sometime, we'll meet you some where some time. :) I don't mind traveling if we need to. :)

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    did you see any deals on ammo today?

I will be there tomorrow --- I had every intention of going today but a friend had to back out (issues related to the storm).

Lars-- I sent to you text.

Cheers,
    Steve

Top Bottom