• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Name of Holster ; Aliengear "Cloak Tuck" - Useing a uncle Mikes for now.

Type of Holster ; IWB or OWB

Website ; www.aliengear.com

How long have you owned it: Ordered it, On its way, Uncle Mikes for years..
    What you carry: Glock 22 Gen 4 or My new Glock 23 Gen 4

How often you carry: Always

Type of carry ; Concealed or Open - Both

General Impressions of the holster: Don't know yet AlienGear is on its way but from what everyone else says about Aliengear they are sweet... I guess I will soon find out... But Uncle Mikes is ok for what it is....

rbMPSH12

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Name of Holster (i.e. Supertuck, Fobus): Henry Holsters

Type of Holster (IWB, OWB, Shoulder): tuckable IWB hybrid leather/kydex holster

Website (if available): pm amhenry on INGO

How long have you owned it: ~ 3 months

What you carry: M&P9 full size

How often you carry: Can't carry at work, so usually in the evenings or if I go out, and on the weekends

Type of carry (Open or Concealed): Concealed

General Impressions of the holster: Great holster. Conceals a full size gun really well, even under some mid to large size t-shirts. Works great under flannel or button downs. Has great retention that is adjustable. Has kydex on both sides of the gun with a leather backing making it more comfortable than just kydex. My only gripe is that because of the double sided kydex, the part that is against your body is convex, so it can be a little uncomfortable to wear all day or to sit for a long period of time. But I've found that I've gotten pretty used to it and it's starting to feel better. But the positive tradeoff is that you get solid retention of the gun that won't loosen up over time. Great design and great workmanship. I highly recommend Andrew's work.

Name of Holster (i.e. Supertuck, Fobus): Safariland ALS

Type of Holster (IWB, OWB, Shoulder): 7TS 7378 paddle/belt holster OWB

Website (if available): tradingpostsupply.com is where I got it for $28+shipping for $38 total.

How long have you owned it: ~ 1-2 months

What you carry: M&P9 full size

How often you carry: Can't carry at work, so usually in the evenings or if I go out, and on the weekends

Type of carry (Open or Concealed): semi-concealed usually under a jacket of some type, but could OC it if I wanted

General Impressions of the holster: This is a solid and well-designed holster that is pretty light. I like the paddle for the ease of on/off, but there is also a stopper that goes under the belt that would hinder someone yanking the holster and gun off of you. The paddle is comfortable to wear and fits the 3 o'clock part of the hip well, being flexible enough to bend a little. The paddle doesn't fit as well at 4 o'clock and beyond since it's molded for the hip. The holster with the paddle rides higher than the belt attachment. The belt attachment (with 3 cant options) rides a little closer to the body than the paddle, but is more of a pain to get the holster on, especially if wearing a leather belt with a stiffener in it that doesn't flex a lot. Not bad to get on while wearing my Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch instructor belt. I use the paddle though. The material is a proprietary nylon that doesn't scratch the firearm, even without cloth on the inside of the holster. Makes very little contact with the gun. The retention device is very intuitive and easy to disengage for drawing.

Gripes: it doesn't ride super tight to the body, making it hard to conceal under any one shirt, unless it's a really big shirt. However, I actually think I prefer this in some ways because it makes getting a full firing grip easier. I don't know how it would compare to other OWB types like the Raven Phantom or Henry Holsters OWB kydex, which I've heard ride closer to the body. I haven't compared them side by side. But it conceals well under jackets, thicker blazers, my bubble vest etc. If you use the belt attachment you can conceal it better at 4 o'clock under flannel shirts and stuff. But forget it with the paddle attachment. It would be a great OC holster.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Name of Holster: Crossbreed SuperTuck

Type of Holster: IWB, horsehide and kydex

How long have you owned it: 3 years??

What you carry: Glock 27

How often you carry: I'll go on daily spurt and then move to other guns

Type of carry: Concealed

General Impressions of the holster: Comfortable for all day wear through most all activities that don't involve exercise. But I've run after the dog or other things without the holster shifting or my gun exposing. Adjusting the cant can make a difference as well as a proper belt.

Not that I really needed to share about this holster but I'd like to see this thread come back to life. Especially with how popular appendix carry has become as of late and my continual search for a solid holster anytime I buy a new gun!

Top Bottom