• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Confidential! Confidential! Confidential!

To: SecState

Subj: Suggested Far East Itinerary

Hey Hill. Awesome food at Jambahlah's in Bali. 2 for 1 banana daquiri's as well. See you there!

==========

Unfortunately, this is the state of secrecy for many confidential emails. Is the SecState or CincNavFlt's itinerary secret? Or should it be? Yeah, maybe. But, maybe not.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Confidential! Confidential! Confidential!

To: SecState

Subj: Suggested Far East Itinerary

Hey Hill. Awesome food at Jambahlah's in Bali. 2 for 1 banana daquiri's as well. See you there!

==========

Unfortunately, this is the state of secrecy for many confidential emails. Is the SecState or CincNavFlt's itinerary secret? Or should it be? Yeah, maybe. But, maybe not.

Yep, during her entire tenure as secretary of state she never sent or received 1 single classified or secret email through one of her 13 known blackberries or various computers.
    NONE
    Simply amazing! How did she get anything done! Awesomesauce!

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yep, during her entire tenure as secretary of state she never sent or received 1 single classified or secret email through one of her 13 known blackberries or various computers.
    NONE
    Simply amazing! How did she get anything done! Awesomesauce!

Having had a high security clearance in the past, it is my observation that the government overclassifies almost everything. Bureaucrats classify some awfully routine and boring things.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Having had a high security clearance in the past, it is my observation that the government overclassifies almost everything. Bureaucrats classify some awfully routine and boring things.

That's not an excuse for Hillary if it's not an excuse for everyone else held to standards.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

So..... if we allow for the sake of argument that the majority were bull**** over classification.... that somehow lets her off the hook for the ones that were legitimately classified?
    Or are you arguing that nothing the Secretary of State does or interacts with should be considered classified access?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Oh, I'm not "letting her off the hook". I'm making an observation about the bureaucracy. We overclassify information because we don't want anyone to have to think.

You can push your agenda all you wish. I just don't think banana daquiris represent state secrets. When everything becomes a matter of national security, it loses its meaning.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh, I'm not "letting her off the hook". I'm making an observation about the bureaucracy. We overclassify information because we don't want anyone to have to think.

You can push your agenda all you wish. I just don't think banana daquiris represent state secrets. When everything becomes a matter of national security, it loses its meaning.

It's not just my agenda, it should be your agenda, and everybody else's agenda as well. It effects you.
    It still has meaning ... BUT if we allow people like her to get away with it, like oh I don't know... lying to Congress and the American people without consequence then the rule of law breaks down completely.
    If there are no consequences for divulging secrets why was Petraus convicted? Why is Snowden on a hit list?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Show me where she put this country at risk by having a confidential document on her iPhone. Just one. Show me.

If you say she destroyed lots of emails, I'll also remind you that the Bush administration did the same thing. Not all information is important to be kept in an ordered state of electrons. Plus, if there is an important document that she destroyed SOMEONE ELSE still has it, don't they?

I think her treatment of emails shows a cavalier attitude toward security. Elitism. But, I don't necessarily think it is criminal for the reasons I described above: overclassification.

Now, I'll kindly apologize if you show me ONE document that is important to national security. And no, I don't think embarrassing memos about Angela Merkel's GERD problems and bad gas is a national secret.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Show me where she put this country at risk by having a confidential document on her iPhone. Just one. Show me.

If you say she destroyed lots of emails, I'll also remind you that the Bush administration did the same thing. Not all information is important to be kept in an ordered state of electrons. Plus, if there is an important document that she destroyed SOMEONE ELSE still has it, don't they?

I think her treatment of emails shows a cavalier attitude toward security. Elitism. But, I don't necessarily think it is criminal for the reasons I described above: overclassification.

Now, I'll kindly apologize if you show me ONE document that is important to national security. And no, I don't think embarrassing memos about Angela Merkel's GERD problems and bad gas is a national secret.

Dude. It's not a part of public record because all of those have beed REDACTED!
    Hell, even the FBI couldn't disclose because they couldn't get into them with approval from the issuing agency because their clearance wasn't HIGH ENOUGH.
    If they were not secret why can they NOT be disclosed?
    As far as to what implication she damaged national security? Really? Why have anything classified?
    Show me where the document is that PROVES her hacked emails DIDN'T result in Benghazi for starters. I know you couldn't find that if you tried.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Benghaaaaaaazzzzziiiiii. 8 committees couldn't prove your assertion. Please contact them for further info.

We saw some of the stuff that came out in Wikileaks from other government officials. They were, for the most part, petty gossip. The government classifies that stuff so we don't think they are idiots. Guess what? We KNOW they are idiots!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Benghaaaaaaazzzzziiiiii. 8 committees couldn't prove your assertion. Please contact them for further info.

We saw some of the stuff that came out in Wikileaks from other government officials. They were, for the most part, petty gossip. The government classifies that stuff so we don't think they are idiots. Guess what? We KNOW they are idiots!

Why couldn't the info be disclosed? If it was classified above the FBI directors level don't you think it "might" be pretty bad if it got out?

hitlary lied to you.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Perhaps not, but we CAN prove that Hillary destroyed evidence that would be necessary for determining the validity of the assertions in question. Are you telling us that you consider the destruction of evidence of potential wrong-doing (above and beyond the destruction itself) is acceptable in your reckoning?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Perhaps not, but we CAN prove that Hillary destroyed evidence that would be necessary for determining the validity of the assertions in question. Are you telling us that you consider the destruction of evidence of potential wrong-doing (above and beyond the destruction itself) is acceptable in your reckoning?

Well, its just about yoga farts so no harm no foul right!?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Look. I don't like Hillary, but I tend to be rational about these things. Not every email needs to be classified. EVERYONE should destroy records from time to time. You, me, Bush (who did), Hillary, etc. Should we be required to save all emails in government? I really don't think so. Should there be a law requiring all this documentation? NO.

I don't think Nixon should have turned over the tapes. I'll go back that far. It's crazy what we do. We should have an absolute right to privacy. Now, I'm sure you'll mention that it's important to cast sunshine on the deals cut by congress. Well, we don't. What happens with lobbyists, constituents, other legislators, etc. are rarely fully documented, if at all.

Why am I the one defending the right to privacy. YOU guys are republicans. But, Patriot Act. I forgot.

Top Bottom