• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    He plead the 5th for a reason. I don't know why his employment status would make him any less responsible for any crimes he may have committed while working for the government.

There are several past court decisions that effectively say you can't grant immunity to a federal employee, at least in most cases (as I understand it). He could have pled the 5th as a federal employee, but he wouldn't likely be given immunity.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I really don't understand how her supporters are still shrugging this off as if it's not a big deal and like the government is just railing against her in some anti-feminist way or something.

1) Her staffer that set up her server just got granted immunity because he previouslt plead the 5th.
    2) We already know that 22 emails on that server were classified "top secret" and a threat to national security if hacked.
    3) We already know that it is highly likely that that server was hacked by Russia and China.

How is she seriously someone that anyone could vote for? And this is not the only controversy surrounding her. She's also got the Libya fiasco, the Clinton foundation allegations, and a long list of other things hovering over her. Her closet is full of skeletons. I really don't understand her supporters. And I'm finding it really hard to even try to discuss things with them since they don't even listen to facts.

They don't want to hear about it.

Yeah. They don't care. I heard a Democrat caller on Smerconish this morning. Said he wouldn't vote for Hillary under any circumstances. He doesn't care about Bengazi or emails. He's just pissed at her because she supported NAFTA. That's it. A gun running operation in Libya gone wrong causing the death of 4 Americans doesn't do it for him. Storing top secret emails on a woefully under-secured private server doesn't do it for him. A 20 year old trade agreement that she had no legislative or administrative part in? Yeah, that does it! What the **** is wrong with Democrats!?

There are several past court decisions that effectively say you can't grant immunity to a federal employee, at least in most cases (as I understand it). He could have pled the 5th as a federal employee, but he wouldn't likely be given immunity.

Ah. Makes sense.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe that part of the problem is that we, as human beings, tend to get so bloody wrapped up in our own "tribal" identity that it becomes extremely difficult for us to accept that a person representing our "tribe" can be wrong.

"I have been a republican for 800 years." "My family has voted democrat since the 1820's." "We've always been Lutheran." And on and on it goes. So that when someone attacks an icon of ours we become defensive and attempt to justify any reason to deny it. Imagine if your child was charged with murder. Someone you love and have raised. How hard would it be to emotionally condemn them, even with overwhelming proof? Sure, some internet quarterbacks may claim this ability, but I would ask folks like Kirk who may have become well acquainted with such folks how easy this really is for parents.

And in a way our tribes become both our parents and our children. Any attack on President Bush was seen as political, when launched by the left. Any attack on President Obama is just vitriolic hatred without merit when launched from the right. And so it goes.

I remember listening to an NPR discussion with several reporters discussing the issue that President Obama is fairly thin skinned and takes criticism personally. A gentlemen called in to defend the president, saying that these reporters didn't know what they were talking about and on and on. One reporter responded (paraphrased), "You haven't met the president. I have! I have interviewed him in person several times. I have been in the room with him. I have spent many hours with people who work with him on a daily basis. I am NOT attacking him, but it is well known that he does have a thin skin." The listener just could not accept the fact that his guy, his president, had a character flaw.

We all do it, even if we don't realize it. Have you ever seen a husband and wife team running a business where one of them is clearly tanking it with bad practices, yet the other remains absolutely oblivious? You can't tell one of them the other isn't cut out for the job unless you have an extremely close, personal relationship and even then you are walking out on the ice.

How many Catholics refused to believe in priest child molestation when it first came out? Eventually many were convinced but they were Catholic and this just couldn't be!!! What did it say about them? Their church? Their faith?

So it goes for those who love Hillary. Email is unimportant. We want a leader, not an computer expert. "So what if she forgot about a few emails amongst the tens of thousands? What harm did it do? Those damn republicans just don't like her and can't prove a single one of those emails caused any real harm anywhere. They are just speculating."

And so it goes.

Just my :twocents:.

Regards,

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A couple guys at work were discussing how Hillary is the only "real" candidate, and anyone else would cause the end of civilization.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Bernie is.
    I just don't get the appeal for a beta male tatooing a geriatric communist face on his calf. Honestly, I get the popularity of Trump for those who don't see through the con, or even those who do but want to break the system. But Bernie? It's like a ****ing cult following.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I just don't get the appeal for a beta male tatooing a geriatric communist face on his calf. Honestly, I get the popularity of Trump for those who don't see through the con, or even those who do but want to break the system. But Bernie? It's like a ****ing cult following.

When the end times are here, and we're all defending our homesteads... protecting our small groups of survivors... and a man approaches you asking for food and a little water... and maybe a night's sleep in your camp.... you'll have him strip down.

"Why... why do I need to do that?" he'll ask, sheepishly.

"I need to check for something," you'll say with your AR-15 at the down-ready... "Do it."

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Read the melt downs on reddit after super Tuesday on the Bernie thread. It's oh so very nice.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It's just how charming and attractive he is.

cYR0sR4.jpg

He even looked like a creeper in high school...

kgTRGpO.png

Top Bottom