Please reply by conversation.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    **SPF**

This may be the hardest post I've ever made but nonetheless it needs to be done. As many of you are aware, my family and I are preparing to head overseas (Eastern Europe) as missionaries and as such we're purging many of our belongings in preparation for placing our home up on the market. As part of this preparation we have come to the conclusion, as painful as it is, that it is time to find a new home for our Great Pyrenees.

Natalie, our 2.5 year old female (badger marked) Great Pyrenees is simply the sweetest dog in the world and has been such a blessing to have around. She is amazing with our 6 kids and yet when they are playing outside watches over them (protecting them) with a keen eye. If while they are out playing, another dog/animal/stranger approaches she will quickly get between them and the "intruder" but the whole time she will be sweet, but protective.

She is used to (breed typical) roaming large areas although we do have her trained on a underground fence (1.5 acres) and prefers to be outdoors 24/7 (especially in the very cold and snow where she really thrives). As such there will be stipulations on this sale which include 1+ acre of area that she will be able to have full access to.

Included in the sale is an XL Dogloo, heated water bucket, food bowls, and any extra food that we have on hand at the time of pickup (this breed eats very little although they are a very large breed. Typical per day feeding is 4 cups).

Price:
    $100.00

Based upon the responses that I have received I throught that I would also include these FAQ's:

1) Does she walk on a leash or do you let her walk free when you walk with her?

We've only really attempted this once but yes, she walked with me all over downtown Nashville in the midst of both pedestrian and vehicle traffic and had no problem at all.

2) Is she fixed?

Yes as is recommended with such large breeds, we first bred her (she had 12 puppies) and then had her fixed. This was done last August.

3) Do you ever bring her inside, and if so, how does she act ?

We have never brought her inside and as such do not know how she would do. We purchased her from a goat farmer who used her, her mother and her brother as livestock guardian dogs.

4) Is she potty trained?

Again, we've never had her inside and as such have not needed to "potty" train her. She does however have only a few spots on the property where she does her business.

5) Is she up to date on shots ?

She is due for shots right now and unless she's sold within the next couple of weeks, we'll be taking her in for them.

6) We have a 5 y/o lab, is she passive or aggressive ? Our lab is passive..

She is passive towards other animals (dogs, cats, etc) as well as kids (we have 6) but does have a playful/frisky side especially when it's cool/cold out and likes to run and wrestle. As a GP, once she knows her job (i.e. who or what she is protecting) she will protect them with her life. She has never been aggressive but will stand between a stranger and the thing she's protecting and will bark until the stranger or strange animal leaves.

7) Is she out and roaming during the day ? We dont have an "invisible fence" so does she bolt and chase cars, walkers, bikes, ect...?

During the day these animals are quite lazy as they roam all night (i.e. they are protectors). We decided to put up an underground fence for the fact that we didn't want our neighbors to be frustrated if she wondered onto their property (which she did constantly before we had the underground fence). She doesn't chase cars, although she will run across our lawn barking at them sometimes. She will bark at passers by again just from a standpoint of letting them know that she is there and that she is the queen of the property.

8) She would be out with our cows, has she ever been around farm animals before ?

As she was raised with goats and cats she will do just fine with cows. We also have had both egg and meat chickens and she was fine with those as long as they were fenced in (not an electric fence but just a flimsy net fence) she did have a tendency to chase the chickens if they got out of the fence (I believe that she really was just wanting them to get back into their cooped area as she never killed one but would get them in her paws and hold them down like she was saying "Hey I got one are you going to come and put them back?"

if you decide that you would like her, I will throw in the invisible fence module and her collar meaning that you'd only need to purchase wire (~$100 vs $500 that we spent).

Pictures:
    205660_1818797102729_1024197587_32014689_3164299_n.jpg

205628_1818798902774_1024197587_32014696_5805084_n.jpg

208348_1818799542790_1024197587_32014698_5020663_n.jpg

199508_1818801422837_1024197587_32014702_382152_n.jpg

208856_1818803142880_1024197587_32014705_4862524_n.jpg

Last edited:

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Just how big is this dog? Looks to be at least 120 lbs. How tall at the back? Thanks and good luck with your endeavor.

She is #75 lbs and stands approx 3 ft (probably a few inches less). These dogs have very think fur/hair which helps them to stay outside year round. She will shed much of this fur/hair within the next month or so and then will begin growing the under fur/hair back come September/October.

For their size / weight, the eat very little. We provide her with 4 cups of dry food per day and about every other day we include 1 can of wet food in with it.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    I really appreciate everyone's interest in Natalie. We have however still not found her the ideal home. As such let me reiterate a few things about her.

1. She's not an in-door dog and won't be happy indoors
    2. Her primary function is livestock / property protection and as such she will roam your property as well as near by properties unless there is some kind of physical boundaries (typically throughout the night).
    3. As a protection dog/breed she does bark at night as she roams. (this is in spurts but occurs throughout the night.
    4. she is also a very gentle and at time pet like dog (during the day when she lies around and wants to be pet/scratched/rubbed/chased/etc
    5. We will include an invisible fence charger and collar if you plan to install the necessary wiring (~$100 for 3 acres of wire) which is a $250.00 value
    PM me if you're interested.

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    She's getting a good washing this weekend (weather permitting) and will be ready for her new home. Is that with your family on you're property?

I pray that it would be. PM me and let me know!

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Dude I wish I could take her........

As a side note: Africa is not a good place at this time for Americans, but you in God's hands and I pray you will be safe, all of you.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom