• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I hear you. If I had a little more driveway to do I would go that route.

I have 150' of concrete driveway to the garage and about 180' of gravel to the barn. The barn driveway is cut through a hill about 3' deep. Both drives run east/west. There are miles of wide open fields to north of me. If we get 3" of snow and a good north wind, that barn driveway gets filled in flush with the yard on either side FAST.

I have put up snow fence in the past. It really helps, but I'm lazy. I'd rather roll the dice that we won't have too much snow and deal with it if I have to.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well.....it is winter after all you know.....:):

I know, I know. I am just getting old and curmudgeonly, the older I get, the more I hate the cold. I am ready to move down to the Villages and have dinner at 4:00 at Shoneys. :)

I have been in Florida the last four weeks and just returned, havent had time to ease into the weather.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I really don't have enough driveway to warrant digging the tractor out where it's accessible but given the dire predictions I might know what I'm doing when I get home tonight. We've got an older Craftsman snow blower that has worked great for us but I had to put a new chicom carburetor on it last year and since then it won't hold enough rpm to do much more than push snow around. I just can't bring myself to buy a new snow blower given the scarcity of snow blower worthy snows south of Indy.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Okay, maybe not that great, but the most we've had so far... :): Just went out with the leafblower to clear a path for the dogs off the back deck. Looks like I'm going to be shoveling the driveway. Snow is so wet and heavy that the leafblower just isn't cutting it. It's times like this that I wish I had kids! My back is getting tired just thinking of it.

If you're going to be out shoveling, take it slow and easy and take lots of breaks. If you're fortunate enough to have a snowblower or a plow, then bite me. :p

You had to go and run your mouth. Now we're getting a blizzard.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I have 150' of concrete driveway to the garage and about 180' of gravel to the barn. The barn driveway is cut through a hill about 3' deep. Both drives run east/west. There are miles of wide open fields to north of me. If we get 3" of snow and a good north wind, that barn driveway gets filled in flush with the yard on either side FAST.

I have put up snow fence in the past. It really helps, but I'm lazy. I'd rather roll the dice that we won't have too much snow and deal with it if I have to.

You probably lost that bet, badly, depending on where in Indiana you are.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Absolutely no issues with the snow. We are stocked up. I have a kitchen re-model in progress. Most all the materials in hand. Football on Sunday. Bring it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Work told everyone to take their laptops home last night in case they ordered us to telework today. :n00b: When they sent out the alert, I looked at several weather sites and I never figured out what made them even consider it. I see this morning that there are some icy spots out there, but mostly up north and mostly on side streets. Now tomorrow, I'm going to request to work from home. Already working from home Friday.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This season at my place, seems like we're the epicenter of snow. We've consistently had about twice the snow I see just a few miles away. Last week, every else got 2-3" inches, we got 6". The same thing happened with the snow in November. Go figure.

I've got supplies for some painting and trim work and gas for the tractor and plow, so bring it.

Top Bottom