• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Old news, but news that bears repeating today, tomorrow, and frequently next year and thereafter. We appear to be in a national case of denial regarding a number of threats to our well-being up to and including our future existence as a free republic. The best answer I can offer for this situation is that many among us are not psychologically equipped to deal with the concept of danger in the world and are fixated on believing themselves safe in their preferred mode of existence. By contrast, i advocate not being afraid of the dark (or denying the existence of darkness) but rather being prepared for it.

Honestly they'd have a tough time following through with that.

As it is , yes, but what about tomorrow's technology? What about the day that instead of complaining about every little two-bit PD having an MRAP, we cringe at a full-grown police state which has passed the point where the occasional MRAP is our biggest concern?

Most important, if we had such a threat actually attempted, my guess is that a majority of the keyboard commandos would roll over, at least after a public execution or two. They would say, "Well, I would stand up, but I have children/grandchildren/fourth cousin 15 times removed that the .gov might take it out on." Now think about how little meaningful resistance is going to come from the rank and file sheep who don't own guns, know how to use them, understand the Constitution or know how to use it, have the ability to sleep on the front porch overnight much less rough it or deal with a, well, interruption in the food supply as delivered via the conventional network of grocers, or manifest any other form of enforcement of their natural right to be left the hell alone?

Last edited:

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    Obama signed the National Defense Resources Preparedness order on March 16, 2012. I made a few comments about it on INGO, but there was not much response. The government has been preparing for decades, a little at a time, eroding the power of our Constitution. They can't do it all at once because we wouldn't let them, but they have been able to do it by taking away our freedom piece by piece.

Just before that order was signed the USDA sent their people out to farms to find out what the farmers were storing on their property. When the farmers didn't cooperate, they added that info to the farming census. When that didn't work they sent their people back to the farms. I still refused to give them the information. For two years they asked me if I was storing small grain on my farm. They called me a lot and sent reps out to my farm twice. Why would they need that information? They are preparing for something.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is anyone going to read the executive Order and post the exact sections that purport to do what the OP article headlines says it does?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just google Obama executive orders and you will see the stripping of our rights, right before you eyes

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Friend,

I have read the executive order at issue, but without my tinfoil tinted glasses. Maybe that's the problem. I have no trouble believing that President Obama will exercise as much power as he can. No argument. However, I don't see what the OP article claims.

I'll make this simple. Here is the Executive Order, no commentary on it, not speculation, not wild-eyed paranoia referencing it. Anyone, please pull out and post the specific portion of this Order that says that any person or resource can be seized at any time.

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Much ado about nothing. The tinfoil is thick on this one. Reading the EO all I see is the basic reissuing of an EO that's been going on for ages and just adds into the Defence Production Act of 1950. Oooooh, spooky! It's there to give the government the ability to insure production of necessary items in case of war and conflict. There really is nothing to see here. Houghmade is right on.

The Defense Production Act (Pub.L. 81–774) is a United States federal law enacted on September 8, 1950, in response to the start of the Korean War. It was part of a broad civil defense and war mobilization effort in the context of the Cold War. Its implementing regulations, the Defense Priorities and Allocation System (DPAS), are located at 15 CFR §§700 to 700.93. The Act has been periodically reauthorized and amended, and remains in force as of 2014.

Defense Production Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Friend,

I have read the executive order at issue, but without my tinfoil tinted glasses. Maybe that's the problem. I have no trouble believing that President Obama will exercise as much power as he can. No argument. However, I don't see what the OP article claims.

I'll make this simple. Here is the Executive Order, no commentary on it, not speculation, not wild-eyed paranoia referencing it. Anyone, please pull out and post the specific portion of this Order that says that any person or resource can be seized at any time.

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House

3446313-7774686807-duo7o.jpg

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Skimming down the article, I saw this, "Both wars were functions of colonialism; a 1%’s vicious and rapacious greed." I think the author is implying it was OUR government's colonialism etc. at work. I stopped reading at that point. Any credibility the article had up to that line suddenly evaporated after I read it. Nor am I going to believe the rest of the sensationalism about the executive order in question. Tinfoil hats, indeed.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My problem with this thread:

The title!

"The government owns <comma> us"

In newspaper headlines, the comma is typicly a line-inch crutch against using the much wider ampersand, or gods forefend, the word "and". So, the title of this thread is two fold: 1) "The government owns" and 2) "us".

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How can people seized?

Through Selective Service, the Feds can force millions of Americans into involuntary servitude to the government. The E.O. acknowledges it in Section 601 (a) (2).

No secret here, nothing new either. Americans have been forced into service many times, even outside of wartime.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How can food be seized?

The authority of the President... to allocate materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense, is delegated to... the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer. [Section 201 (a)]

"Farm equipment" means equipment, machinery, and repair parts manufactured for use on farms in connection with the production or preparation for market use of food resources. [Section 801 (c)]

"Food resources" means all commodities and products, (simple, mixed, or compound), or complements to such commodities or products, that are capable of being ingested by either human beings or animals, irrespective of other uses to which such commodities or products may be put, at all stages of processing from the raw commodity to the products thereof in vendible form for human or animal consumption. "Food resources" also means potable water packaged in commercially marketable containers, all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal or marine fats and oils, seed, cotton, hemp, and flax fiber, but does not mean any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product.

"Food resource facilities" means plants, machinery, vehicles (including on farm), and other facilities required for the production, processing, distribution, and storage (including cold storage) of food resources, and for the domestic distribution of farm equipment and fertilizer (excluding transportation thereof). [Section 801 (f)]

How many farms and livestock facilities does the federal government own? This can only be read to be the seizure of privately owned farms and food caches.

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How can energy be seized?

The authority of the President... to allocate materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense, is delegated to... the Secretary of Energy with respect to all forms of energy. [Section 201 (a)]

"Energy" means all forms of energy including petroleum, gas (both natural and manufactured), electricity, solid fuels (including all forms of coal, coke, coal chemicals, coal liquification, and coal gasification), solar, wind, other types of renewable energy, atomic energy, and the production, conservation, use, control, and distribution (including pipelines) of all of these forms of energy. [Section 801 (b)]

Did every form of energy get nationalized recently? These provisions are so broad that they necessarily include many privately-owned industries. They can be seized if the unelected Secretaries decide it is necessary for defense of the Homeland.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    How can transportation be seized?

The authority of the President... to allocate materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense, is delegated to... the Secretary of Transportation with respect to all forms of civil transportation. [Section 201 (a)]

"Civil transportation" includes movement of persons and property by all modes of transportation in interstate, intrastate, or foreign commerce within the United States, its territories and possessions, and the District of Columbia, and related public storage and warehousing, ports, services, equipment and facilities, such as transportation carrier shop and repair facilities. "Civil transportation" also shall include direction, control, and coordination of civil transportation capacity regardless of ownership. "Civil transportation" shall not include transportation owned or controlled by the Department of Defense, use of petroleum and gas pipelines, and coal slurry pipelines used only to supply energy production facilities directly. [Section 801 (a)]

In this section the order explicitly states that all forms of civilian transportation fall under Federal control, "regardless of ownership." There is one exemption, and it is for the DOD.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All of this is only within the bounds of the Constitution and the enabling legislation which, itself, must be Constitutional. The 4th and 5th Amendments (and all the rest) still apply.

Top Bottom