• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Does anyone make a decision on whether to deal with someone based on feedback left in the Good, Bad, and Ugly? It seems to me that nobody posts a rebuttal to "-1" anymore and I just wondered if that had an effect on anyone's decision to make a purchase or trade. There are a few people who I have decided I won't deal with based on feedback left as well as some other unsavory things I've seen. Unfortunately I think that if someone puts a gun out there that somebody wants and at a price they'll pay then any previous injustices are forgotten, it sort of takes away the "self-policing" aspect of the Marketplace.

Any thoughts?

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I have made a few transactions with great results meeting great people without looking them up in that section. However, after being recently stood up and waiting an hour after driving for close to that same amount of time, I will check them from now on.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes, I do research on any purchase.
    It does shed light on if the person is reasonable,
    easy to communicate with, has a habit of taking care of people or giving someone the shaft.
    So it matters to me.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Money or another new gun is usually a good motivator to make a positive transaction. But I could see lack of communication being a downer in a deal. Not everyone sells as much as others, so a lack of good feedback shouldn't mean as much as someone who has only one deal and a -1.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If i were to deal with someone i would do some research and check the reviews they may have. If they do not have any reviews that would not affect me as much if they had some bad reviews. I understand that if this is their first time selling something that they wouldn't have any reviews yet, but if they had a -1 from someone I would probably stay away. I also look at how long they have been a member, post count, rep, site supporter, and I will usually read into some of their past posts to get a feel for what they are on INGO for. If they just joined 2 weeks ago and their 51st post is a WTS add then I would probably pass. Just my :twocents:

robbran144

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    southside/greenwood
    i got a -1 once,not sure if that guy is even still here. haven't seen him post anything in ages. im like johnp though i usually check past post to see how active they are,you can usually get a feel for someone that way. just my pennies worth

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Yes, I do research on any purchase.
    It does shed light on if the person is reasonable,
    easy to communicate with, has a habit of taking care of people or giving someone the shaft.
    So it matters to me.

Every transaction that I've had has been +1 with the exception of one. I drove 2+ hours to meet this guy and what you see is what you get. I couldn't eat for days :rolleyes: If you think the avator photo is bad, wait till you meet him in person :n00b: and it +1 also :patriot:

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I dont even look at the feedback section. All of the transaction that I am interested are FTF .:dunno:

Its not like a bigger site where you are buying something from a guy in Texas and you are trusting him to send you a 1k Acog after you paid for it.

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ftf is the best possiable sale. But thats why a nice iTrader system would work great for INGO. There feedback rating would be right by there name. As jsharmon7 already suggested!!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i always check feedback. just because somone has A neg 1 on there record doesn't mean its a no deal. if they didn't respond to the neg 1 then it is a no deal, or a "you can meet me within 5 min of my house" that way i can change my mine if the item wasnot as described.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I do look at thier feedback, if the user has only 1 Neg. OR 1 Neg. & 1 Pos. Than I would choose not to deal with that person.
    If the person has 1 Neg. and several (4) or more Pos. than I would probably deal with them but be cautious.
    If they fall inbetween than I would use my best judgement, I understand that you cannot please everyone all of the time. Although I have done quite a few deals here on INGO and never had a problem so I really would not cut much slack if a person had a Neg.
    I have not yet been faced with the decision of weather or not to deal with someone who has a -1.
    My decision has been on atleast one occasion weather to deal with a newwer member without feedback, but I make phone contact and get the best feel I can for them, I have not had any thing but pleasant dealings.
    I noticed that people have decided that they no longer feel the need for rebuttals, if I go and look up someones feedback and they have not posted a rebuttal it would be a show ender! (.) I have noticed that and it bugs me.
    The other problem I have had is PM's from low or no posters attempting to break the rools and use the classifieds. I have noticed that some people choose to deal with them anyway. I respond with a shpeel and links to the rules! I am mildly offended but choose to believe mabey somehow they did not know.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Every transaction that I've had has been +1 with the exception of one. I drove 2+ hours to meet this guy and what you see is what you get. I couldn't eat for days :rolleyes: If you think the avator photo is bad, wait till you meet him in person :n00b: and it +1 also :patriot:

Man, I would post a big fat -1 for someone like that for sure.

That guy probably sold you a busted mower as well. Some people have no respect.
    :noway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I haven't looked for a firearm in the classifieds for a while, but I do read the comments when someone posts a +1 or -1 post. I have had my eyebrows raised a time or two by a member that I thought was an honorable person, someone had a negative experience and - as some here have pointed out - the person with the -1 to their name never came back to respond about the transaction. It may not be true, but it gives me the impression that what the poster wrote was true, that it was a negative transaction.

Top Bottom