The gift that keeps on giving. Another, another Evansville house invasion foiled

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    After the article describes Officer Wedding going to the window with his .45 and scaring off the intruder, it goes on to paraphrase him as giving this crime-deterring advice:

"Wedding says his case in still an on-going investigation. He recommends a few tips to prevent home invasion such as good lighting, a dog, locking your doors and windows, neighborhood watch groups, security lighting, lights on timers, and an*alarm system."

Is this creative editing on the part of an anti-home-defense journalist, or a double standard? It doesn't mention a home owner legally arming and defending him/herself. The city LEO in my apartment complex is a staunch supporter of a citizen's right to self defense, but is he the rule or the exception? I'm relatively new to the area so I don't know prevailing viewpoints in general.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I don't see a problem with what Wedding said about preventing crime. His tips were given to warn off a burglar. He didn't come across as anti-gun. I believe most of the POs in Tiny Town are pro carry for the peasants.

Top Bottom