Indianapolis
    i-mNWfxcG-2100x20000.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There is some truth to that. :)

My son got a Pharah achievement for getting 4 kills without touching the ground. It was pretty awesome what he was doing.

I can feather it pretty well, but nothing like that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Another great one from Game Maker's Toolkit. This video is about Systemic features in games

[video=youtube;SnpAAX9CkIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnpAAX9CkIc[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Truz that.

I don't PVP because I'm just not quick enough anymore. My son challenged me to PVP on Halo and bet me that I wouldn't win one game. He was wrong though. I did beat him 1 out of 20 games. Even in the game I won he still got first shots on me, but the rocket launcher only took one shot to take him out.

Growing up there really wasn't any video games accessible to me other than maybe Pong. I had an Atari console when I was ~20, but there weren't many games. That was before PCs. I played mostly arcade games and pinball. Back when I was ~20 I own some high scores on pinball.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Truz that.

I don't PVP because I'm just not quick enough anymore. My son challenged me to PVP on Halo and bet me that I wouldn't win one game. He was wrong though. I did beat him 1 out of 20 games. Even in the game I won he still got first shots on me, but the rocket launcher only took one shot to take him out.

Growing up there really wasn't any video games accessible to me other than maybe Pong. I had an Atari console when I was ~20, but there weren't many games. That was before PCs. I played mostly arcade games and pinball. Back when I was ~20 I own some high scores on pinball.
    Yup.

I was getting pwnd on GTA the other night... I'd like to think it's because I was drinking and I doubt the squeeker on the other end wasn't.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I would love to see a legislative hearing in which someone "testifies" by playing a round of Overwatch/Battlefront 2/whatever, to get a loot box and show what it really means.

Heck. I'd be willing to do that myself.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    20 hours is pretty tame.

Before broadband was mainstream, did plenty of LAN parties around Indy... Stompfest was 300+ people. IndyGamers and IndySmash were smaller... but they typically ran through an entire weekend. That's a lot of sitting.

I miss LAN parties! So much fun. I remember playing Quake 1 with ten people in the same room. Then onto counter-strike. I did tend to take breaks though. Don't want to die.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I am fine with unpaid loot boxes, especially if they are just for cosmetic items. However, spending actual money on lootboxes really irritates me. I thought pubg was ok in this regard, but when they started giving out crates that needed a paid key to open I got steamed. I can still just sell it on the market, but I will be damned if I spend a couple of bucks to get a digital pair of boots worth 4 cents.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The fact that loot boxes in the games I play now are purely cosmetic make them irrelevant to me. My son loves getting a new Victory Pose or emote.

Give me a better rate of fire or damage radius. That'll make me happy.

Alas, that's not part of the deal in Overwatch (although in Battlefront 2 it kinda is). So, if I get them during my playing time, I don't even open them. I leave them for him.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Uncharted 3 handles loot boxes pretty well. You can unlock tons of items just from playing. If you want to pay for guns/items directly you can. No need to get screwed by a totally random reward.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The fact that loot boxes in the games I play now are purely cosmetic make them irrelevant to me. My son loves getting a new Victory Pose or emote.

Give me a better rate of fire or damage radius. That'll make me happy.

Alas, that's not part of the deal in Overwatch (although in Battlefront 2 it kinda is). So, if I get them during my playing time, I don't even open them. I leave them for him.

I think Overwatch does it right... purely cosmetic. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the holiday lockouts... not letting you buy the special stuff outside of the time period using in-game currency... but it is nice that they're discounted the following year.

I'll typically throw $10 or so at it each holiday if I don't get what I wanted through playing. Or even convert some World of Warcraft gold into Battle.net currency and buy OW stuff like that...

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Censored Gaming takes a look at why Kirby has been depicted as "angry" in US art, as opposed to carefree and smiling in Japan

[video=youtube;4FNj_pbJkHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNj_pbJkHQ[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Top 40 New PS4 Games in 2018

Obviously some overlap with the Top 40 PC games vid above.

Also a few PSVR games en route in 2018... that $200 deal is pretty solid.

[video=youtube;HtjEKZPwkmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtjEKZPwkmc[/video]

Top Bottom