• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    It looks like people virtually standing around and walking, awkwardly, in a bar area. With low resolution.

Like what people do... in a bar area. Except with near life-like resolution.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sonic the Hedgehog Creator Yuji Naka Joins Square Enix - Niche Gamer

T.Lex said:
    It looks like people virtually standing around and walking, awkwardly, in a bar area. With low resolution.

Like what people do... in a bar area. Except with near life-like resolution.

It's not possible to show a third-party what VR looks like on a youtube video. In-game looks far better than a recording/stream of in-game... the resolution is reasonably sharper, and the FPS should be 90 the entire time if you have a good graphics card.

Being in VR, you also have the field of vision and feeling of depth involved that doesn't translate well to youtube (which already compresses the hell out of their videos).

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Snow Crash was great. I could not, for the life of me, make it through Neuromancer. I know it's supposed to be great and is famous and all, but my god, the author jumped constantly with no explanation as to what was going on. Maybe it's just me, though.

You would really hate the sequels for neuromancer; count zero and mona lisa overdrive were even harder to follow. However, they were still pretty damn good.

I love Neuromancer, it is, for me, The cyberpunk novel. Count Zero and Mona Lisa Overdrive were pretty good, but Neuromancer was tops. Snowcrash is alright, but just alright. If you guys are into that kind of stuff, have you read "The Diamond Age"? It is super awesome.

Steppin Razor, she dangerous.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole

broken_broom_by_birvan.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm getting tired of movies based on video games.

Looks like The Rock is doing a movie version of Rampage, which was a kind of dumb video game to begin with.

Halo, and maybe Overwatch, which to me have a strong story, would be exceptions to me.

I'm sure someone's pitched a movie based on Adventure! for the Atari 2600....

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If you're into speedrun progression, Summoning Salt takes a look at World 4-2 of Super Mario Bros on the NES... and the crazy progression that players made to shave time off of their runs

[video=youtube;i1AHCaokqhg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1AHCaokqhg[/video]

Top Bottom