• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have a few of these from Harbor Freight and I like them a lot. If they're predicting power outages I put one in each bathroom at home and I take them camping too. On sale right now for $3.99 (ends today, but they go on sale frequently). You can adjust the brightness depending on how much you pull the top up too.

View attachment 204083

So it’s always on pulling full power, sucking down battery life as fast as possible and you have to shield part of that light to get it dimmer? Wow. Talk about a crap design. But then again it’s only 4 bucks.

I’ve got one of these and it’s great. Folds down for storage and 3 brightness settings. I’ll be using this on the picnic table.

Amazon product ASIN B00B0EZWJ4

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So it’s always on pulling full power, sucking down battery life as fast as possible and you have to shield part of that light to get it dimmer? Wow. Talk about a crap design. But then again it’s only 4 bucks.

I’ve got one of these and it’s great. Folds down for storage and 3 brightness settings. I’ll be using this on the picnic table.

Amazon product ASIN B00B0EZWJ4
    Yeah, strictly for short term use for sure, and like you said, only 4 bucks.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    So I finally repaired my garage door with this simple gadget (a towel).

Garage door opener would not fully open/close when I pressed the button. Would go part way and stop. After half a dozen (or more) presses of the button supplemented with some cursing I could finally get it closed. Assumed the tracks were binding so lubricated every hinge, wheel, and track surface. Opened and closed smoothly by hand when disconnected from opener. Then lubed the chain and bar the opener used. Still no love. So we I resorted to using the door by hand, disconnected from the opener, but my wife is too short to reach the handle.

Working outside this weekend I noticed a spider web near the sensor with some leaf debris. Not enough to block the eye on the sensor but as soon as the door started to move it would vibrate enough to block the signal and stop the door. Wiped it with a towel and now after a week of moaning and groaning I have a happy wife again.

Sometimes the easiest solutions are the hardest.

ShamWow.jpg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So I finally repaired my garage door with this simple gadget (a towel).

Garage door opener would not fully open/close when I pressed the button. Would go part way and stop. After half a dozen (or more) presses of the button supplemented with some cursing I could finally get it closed. Assumed the tracks were binding so lubricated every hinge, wheel, and track surface. Opened and closed smoothly by hand when disconnected from opener. Then lubed the chain and bar the opener used. Still no love. So we I resorted to using the door by hand, disconnected from the opener, but my wife is too short to reach the handle.

Working outside this weekend I noticed a spider web near the sensor with some leaf debris. Not enough to block the eye on the sensor but as soon as the door started to move it would vibrate enough to block the signal and stop the door. Wiped it with a towel and now after a week of moaning and groaning I have a happy wife again.

Sometimes the easiest solutions are the hardest.
    BTDT. stupid little buggers.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I have a few of these from Harbor Freight and I like them a lot. If they're predicting power outages I put one in each bathroom at home and I take them camping too. On sale right now for $3.99 (ends today, but they go on sale frequently). You can adjust the brightness depending on how much you pull the top up too.

View attachment 204083

I bought several of these after you posted. Power went out late last night, they really came in handy. Whole house loves em. So thanks!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I bought several of these after you posted. Power went out late last night, they really came in handy. Whole house loves em. So thanks!
    I can't find the links for these, but they are LED lights in 3 rows that run on AA's. I had several spread between camping and bug out bags and in rooms for power outages. They eat very little power and are 3"s wide by about 9"s tall and put out a lot of light. Had them for years and all work fine and have seldom needed batteries. We just went through all the battery powered devices to put fresh in them so the existing did not rot out and ruin the device.
    We also have a few of the Energizer lamps as well.1000FA29-4BBA-4F4E-9A32-EA4CFBB20B36.jpegE2EFEB4C-F1AF-4D3E-9640-7EF30FB45ADA.jpeg

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    What are your preferred headlamps?

35FC7693-E705-4EA9-825C-15CC3373CB86.jpeg
    C5D2D01C-7DDD-4B7F-A391-A3A1D207976B.jpeg
    Petzl has several headlamps that take AAA batteries as well as their "core" micro USB rechargeable battery. I haven't used mine a ton but like it so far

blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    One of my favorite gadgets is for slow or clogged drains.
    Connect it to the end of a garden hose.
    Shove it down the drain far enough for it to seal when it expands.
    Turn on the water and watch the magic to happen!
    The medium size is about all I use. The small is very slim for smaller vanity drains, but a medium works on mine.
    I usually let it run for about five minutes.

DrainBladder.jpg

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Here's one for the Henry 22 owners. Fun to shoot, slow to load... but can easily make some .22cal speed loading tubes with these clear plastic shipping tubes from McMaster Carr:
    B075B39B-C3B0-45C9-B455-8F5400BAEAD2.jpeg

You'll need some end caps too:

EFBAA355-B80E-416E-A46F-32002EB5A2EA.jpeg

Cut them to length and you're good to go. I cut most of mine down to 15 round (full mag) and some 4 round (pocket size). Being clear plastic you can easily see what ammo is in each tube. Here's some mini mags in one tube and federal bulk pack in the others:

2E345E5F-90DC-4724-8C7E-16EFA6DFDB4F.jpeg

Demo vids:

Takes time to load the tubes so do that at home. Then spend more time shooting and less time loading at the range

Not my original idea, seen on the web some time ago

Top Bottom