The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 16th Edition…The laughs just keep on coming…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    KmYJLIz.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    In the 1950s when I was in grade school, the poorer kids wore blue jeans. They were cheap, not a fashion statement. Our moms patched the knees with iron-on patches when they wore through. Now people pay extra for the holes and loose threads.
    My mom liked to sew, or maybe she didn’t really like it but she grew up during the depression and learned to make do. We weren’t exactly rich when I was a kid, so she repaired a lot of clothes, and also made many of her own dresses. So of course she repaired my jeans on her ancient sewing machine.

One year she finally got a new sewing machine from Sears, probably was Christmas present from dad. Electronics were just starting to show up in a few appliances and this one had about 50 dozen different stitching patterns she could dial-in. Zigzag, some kind of bar stitch like thing, I think it would even do flower patterns, all kinds of stuff.

So for practice, she grabbed my worst pair of jeans and the wildest, brightest thread colors in her inventory, and stitched every damn hole with a different bizarre pattern.

So I got to wear those to high school.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    My mom liked to sew, or maybe she didn’t really like it but she grew up during the depression and learned to make do. We weren’t exactly rich when I was a kid, so she repaired a lot of clothes, and also made many of her own dresses. So of course she repaired my jeans on her ancient sewing machine.

One year she finally got a new sewing machine from Sears, probably was Christmas present from dad. Electronics were just starting to show up in a few appliances and this one had about 50 dozen different stitching patterns she could dial-in. Zigzag, some kind of bar stitch like thing, I think it would even do flower patterns, all kinds of stuff.

So for practice, she grabbed my worst pair of jeans and the wildest, brightest thread colors in her inventory, and stitched every damn hole with a different bizarre pattern.

I share your pain, brother.
    I share your pain.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Coulda been worse...
    she could have gotten a "Beadazzler"

1726690592611.png

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    My mom had my paternal great-grandmother's treadle powered Singer, (which my dad later converted to electric) and was a very good seamstress. When our jeans became overloaded with darns and patches, the legs got cut off, and presto, new shorts. Of course, the legs weren't thrown out, they became the new source of patches. I was OK with Mom's handiwork.
    The troubles started when my older sister learned to open the seams of a pair of pants, up to the knees, and sew in gussets (some matching, some contrasting) to make bellbottoms out of straight legs.

In junior high, my pants could have doubled as windsocks.

Top Bottom