The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 15th Edition: Be more like Coleman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Why you don't let the rookie load the hose.
    View attachment 358884
    Background
    Texas A&M Engineering Extension Services provides A LOT of fire, rescue, and other types of emergency management training at Brayton Fire Training Field, which is a couple hundred acres of simulated mayhem. Broken burning buildings, aircraft, helicopters, vehicles, oil field equipment, all kinds of fun stuff.

Every summer they hold a weeklong “Municipal School” to which all the fire departments in the state are invited to send students. Mostly volunteer fire departments, since the vast majority of Texas firefighters are volunteers. Been there several times myself, great courses.

During that week, since there are so many students, they ask some of the bigger departments to send their tanker trucks and aerial trucks (“cherry pickers”) to supplement the trucks that the school already has on hand.

Now The Point
    One year I was talking to a guy from one of the departments that brought their aerial truck. He said the previous year when they went home they got on the interstate and started making tracks. Suddenly they heard BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG.

When they got stopped alongside the road, they found a quarter-mile or so of the large diameter hose unloaded in the highway. As it went shooting out the back every brass coupling hit the bottom of the basket on the aerial and just smashed it to pieces. Over $15,000 worth of damage to the aerial plus whatever damaged there was to the hose and couplings.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Background
    Texas A&M Engineering Extension Services provides A LOT of fire, rescue, and other types of emergency management training at Brayton Fire Training Field, which is a couple hundred acres of simulated mayhem. Broken burning buildings, aircraft, helicopters, vehicles, oil field equipment, all kinds of fun stuff.

Every summer they hold a weeklong “Municipal School” to which all the fire departments in the state are invited to send students. Mostly volunteer fire departments, since the vast majority of Texas firefighters are volunteers. Been there several times myself, great courses.

During that week, since there are so many students, they ask some of the bigger departments to send their tanker trucks and aerial trucks (“cherry pickers”) to supplement the trucks that the school already has on hand.

Now The Point
    One year I was talking to a guy from one of the departments that brought their aerial truck. He said the previous year when they went home they got on the interstate and started making tracks. Suddenly they heard BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG.

When they got stopped alongside the road, they found a quarter-mile or so of the large diameter hose unloaded in the highway. As it went shooting out the back every brass coupling hit the bottom of the basket on the aerial and just smashed it to pieces. Over $15,000 worth of damage to the aerial plus whatever damaged there was to the hose and couplings.

Oh, lord. Forget the safety issues. The financial hit wouldn't be something I'd not want to report back home.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom